Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    harum Posts: 339, Reputation: 27

Mar 6, 2014, 10:02 PM
    Box for sewer cleanout
    Hello, looking for some advice on installation of concrete box over sewer cleanout. It turned out to be not a straightforward project because:

(a) the top of the C.I.P. cleanout is 2' deep in the front yard and the cleanout is tilted 50° towards the house;

(b) a 1" water pipe runs 1' above the right edge of the cleanout.

Should I use a 45° elbow/bend to make the cleanout vertical and move it away from underneath the pipe?

Or is it okay to bury the lid of the box 1' deep?

Don't know why they had to run the water pipe over the cleanout. Thanks in advance, h.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 7, 2014, 03:32 PM
    Where is this cleanout located? Why do you want to box it in? Why not simply use fittings to make the pipe level, bring it to grade and use a recessed clean out cover that would get you away from the water pipe with nothing exposed. Sound like a plan? Back to you, Tom
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sewer cleanout [ 2 Answers ]

How do you replace a male plug/cover on an existing female cleanout that is not a perfect round anymore?

Sewer cleanout [ 5 Answers ]

How di I find my sewer cleanout in a older house?

Replacing a sewer cleanout [ 1 Answers ]

My drains backed up and the roto-rooter guy that came out determined that the problem was large tree roots blocking the sewer line outside the house. I have a cleanout right outside the front of the house that he snaked a camera down and said that there is another cleanout right near the sidewalk...

Sewer cleanout placement [ 2 Answers ]

First a little setup. This is for a septic system installation and deals only with the sewer line between the house and septic tank. Code and good construction calls for a sewer cleanout within a few feet of the foundation, where the pipe exits the house, so you can snake the line between the house...

Sewer cleanout [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, we had a backup and plumber had to use roof vent to clean it out. I have looked all over for a cleanout and have not located it yet, and don't know if we have one or not. I read about putting snake down toilet and using metal detecter but have none of those things. Is there a way I might find...

View more questions Search