Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gelia Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2014, 07:06 PM
    Remove latex primer
    I painted over a gloss oil paint with a latex primer,a stairway wall that is constantly used, on the advice of the paint store. After it dried it would come off with my finger nails. I now want to remove the latex primer and paint with oil. How can I remove the latex or what else can you suggest. Thank you.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Mar 7, 2014, 05:44 PM
    Unfortunately you have a job ahead of you. Either start sanding or use a stripper. Peeling primer is usually caused by insufficient surface prep. How did you prepare for primer?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Remove oakly primer, purple color [ 1 Answers ]

How ca remove the purple colou (stain) from my wood floor? ]

Remove primer bulb on Ryobi 775r [ 1 Answers ]

I need to replace the primer bulb on my Ryobi 775r weedeater. Any ideas on how? It appears that the carb plate has to be removed... surely not.

When to apply primer, type of primer, and texturing [ 2 Answers ]

Question 1: I have new sheetrock installed and I want to know when to apply primer. Do I apply primer before I texture, after I texture, or before and after texturing? I've heard different things from different people. Question 2: Should I use a water based or oil based primer. I'm going...

LaTex [ 3 Answers ]

Just a thought, but LaTex would really be nice in this forum. I wonder if there's anyway to get the 'powers-that-be' to implement it. Does anyone agree?

View more questions Search