Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marinaavet Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2014, 11:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaTaxExpert View Post
    That answer I do know: Once the new property is purchased and the new basis is determined and in place, the depreciation cycle restarts anew.
    Ok, so we don't carry it over? The new depreciation starts for a new property the day of the exchange, right?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Mar 15, 2014, 10:07 AM
    Yes, that is correct!

Mar 24, 2014, 08:19 PM
    Great! Thanks
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Mar 25, 2014, 12:30 AM
    Glad to help!

Mar 25, 2014, 01:30 AM
    I have posted another question about an inventory. Maybe you are familiar with that.

Also, do you know how would I report that like-kind exchange on the tax return? Seems like a form 8824 needs to be used , but how do I remove the old (exchanged) asset from the Federal asset entry worksheet? Under Disposition? But I can't really put anything under the sale price as it was not sold . If I do include a sale price, it calculates a gain/loss.. I am using a Proseries Tax Software in case you are familiar with that software or maybe are using it too. Do I just include the disposition date to remove it and ignore all other fields?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

To start trading business in dubai [ 1 Answers ]

I am post graduate with organic chemistry,from india,I have worked in various phara industries in several capacities ranging from a research chemist to a production manager.I failed in a partnership company in manufacturing of plaster of paris bandage product.Now I have left india and I want to do...

View more questions Search