Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Flynn87 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2014, 10:04 AM
    New to this: job hunting advice
    I am looking for some advice on job searching while employed. I work in a practice of 3 people but my route of progression would lead to me not getting to do the jobs I enjoy. I have therefore decided to look for a job I feel passionate about. I have been offered an interview for a position I feel I would really enjoy. My question is how do I go about telling my boss if I am offered the new position. I also have had some time off due to a viral infection so feel guilty that I was off sick now I'm job hunting. Hope this makes sense!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 5, 2014, 10:34 AM
    Be sure you get the new job in writing before you say anything to your current boss.

This is the way of the business world -- employees come and go, usually for better opportunities. Bosses understand this. I would tell him as soon as you have the new job bolted down. How? Just tell him as you have said it here (but no apologies or feeling guilty).
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 5, 2014, 11:05 AM
    It is normal to give 2 weeks notice when quitting and going to another job. Your new employer would know this and probably appreciate your honesty.
    Flynn87 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2014, 12:06 PM
    Thanks for the replies. I have been looking to move on for a few months but with it being such a small practice I feel like I'm letting them down. I guess it's just me being stupid!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 6, 2014, 04:45 AM
    Yep, just being stupid, if you can not progess, moving is the normal and regular way that happens.

You find the other job, get it in writing, and secure, then give a two week notice and leave happy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Job hunting [ 0 Answers ]

I was a science student,went to do btech in mech,but couldn't complete due to health problems,came back to hometown,did lots of computer courses but did not settled in anyone,worked. 1.manorama printers as sales executive for 3years,salaary was 1000 2.was doing commission basis advertisement for...

Job hunting [ 1 Answers ]

Will the thumbnail the cops put on my name appear if the company I applied for does a background check on me?

Job hunting [ 2 Answers ]

I was convicted of 2 counts of theft & violated my probation but my record will be exsponged in 2 months, I received my phlebotomy degree Nov 08 is it OK to apply for a job now or should I wait until my record is exsponged

Job Hunting [ 2 Answers ]

How do I find a small tucking co. that will hire me with a little experience,1 minor accident and was discharged from my last co.

Job hunting [ 1 Answers ]

Am good in typing works with a speed of 60 words per minute,I wish to work as a freelance typist,any one interested?

View more questions Search