Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tenaye Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2014, 12:39 AM
    Allergy to Drinking Water!
    Hi, have been having this allergic reaction whenever I drink water (be it tap water, bottle- all the same). My stomach gets big and big just after I drink water, it's discomforting, and painful. It's been a while since I discovered it, have gone to see doctors with no success for cure, have been told by some that there cannot be an allergic reaction to drinking water. Otherwise I am healthy and have no known problems. So far, I have been avoiding water and drinking only coffee, tea and soft drinks occasionally. (by the way I am 115 pounds and 5.3 )
    Has anyone have /had this kind of problem? Were you able to solve it? Please share your ideas.
    Thanks
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 5, 2014, 01:24 AM
    What do you think, coffee and tea are made from ?

Water??

What happens when you boil water and drink that.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 5, 2014, 04:38 AM
    There has to be another explanation for your allergy to drinking water. Perhaps what your drinking water is treated with where you live. Bottled water, maybe the same. I don't believe wholly that some comes from spring water; there are just to many variables to believe that. As noted, everything is made of the same water, so how do you explain that? Are you allergic to your coffee, tea, soft drinks ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water allergy [ 28 Answers ]

I have developed an allergy to drinking water.I drank poland spring bottled water for years and have suddenly developed an allergy which I think has to do with the plastic bottle.Now I can't drink any water at all without a severe allergic reaction.I also have acid reflux which I think might have...

Tap water allergy [ 5 Answers ]

I live in the country and normally drink rainwater. When I visit some cities including Adelaide and Canberra, Stanthorpe in Queensland and Mansfield in Victoria, within an hour or so of drinking town supply water I become ill. Symptoms are feeling nauseous, increased heart rate and lethargy. I...

Allergy to drinking water [ 1 Answers ]

I have become nauseated when drinking water in a vacation area... each year it gets worse. I am allergic to sulfa medication,peppermint,and benadril... can you give me any suggestions on how to track this reaction?

Water allergy [ 2 Answers ]

I have noticed that every time I travel to the country side (I live in the city) after a few days my body breaks into itchy rashes. I have tried using disinfectant but it does not help. Am suspecting that am allergic to water. Could this be the case? What should I do?

View more questions Search