Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jetlag Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2007, 06:37 PM
    Zoysia Grass Removal
    I have a 4 foot by 6 foot area of Zoysia grass that I want to remove from my regular lawn.

1. Roundup or dig it up or both?
    2. In Nebraska, Is it best to remove this grass in Spring or Fall?
    hwy61 Posts: 19, Reputation: 5

Apr 2, 2007, 10:32 PM
    The sod will have to be actively growing for Round-Up or other similar systemic herbicides to work effectively. I would wait until it is no longer dormant, Round-Up it and then dig it out a few days later and install new sod of your choice. You can't just lay new sod on top of old if it is sod you are installing. The new sod will sit too high and won't root in properly. It should be in contac with the soil. If the new sod has 1" of soil on the bottom you need to regrade 1" lower than the existing sod so the new will fit smoothly. Remember to not apply pre emergents to new sod. I didn't know Zoysia grew as far North as Nebraska. Learn something everyday.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kind of grass? [ 8 Answers ]

Without hiring someone, how can I tell which type of grass I have? Is there a website with pictures of different kinds? Also, is rolling your lawn still needed and if so, how soon, if at all, should I areate? Thanks:D

Grass [ 2 Answers ]

I bought a new house in December and my yard is full of weeds. How do I start growing grass?

Has anyone hear of Zoysia Grass [ 6 Answers ]

Has anyone hear of Zoysia Grass? I found a advertisement about it and it states it will grow anywhere with little maintenance. I live in Georgia and have fill dirt in my back yard that and I need to plant grass. The picture of the Zoysia looks good in the advertisement but is it as thick and...

Nut sedge in zoysia [ 1 Answers ]

Anybody know what to use to safely kill nut sedge in a zoysia lawn? Thanks, Duke

Grass seed [ 1 Answers ]

How long after spreading fertalizer with haltz can I plant new seed.

View more questions Search