Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Paul T Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2014, 06:06 PM
    93 Honda Fuel System
    I have a 1993 Honda Accord; 2.2 w/ 273,000 m runs great. Four weeks ago I put a new Battery in it. Last week - after sitting for two days, cranked hard and fast but would not start. No smell of fuel & no warning lights or other indicators. After several long tries (cranking) it did start and was fine for the rest of the day.
    After another two day sit, it again would not start until the same or similar cranking effort.
    Finally after a three day sit it would not start at all and has sat since.

BY the way: 1/2 fuel in tank.

Help would be much appreciated.

Paul T

[email protected]
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2014, 06:51 PM
    Verify that the Check Engine Light comes on for 2 seconds and then goes out, when the ignition switch is turned to ON (Position II), and that you can hear the fuel pump run. If all of that checks out, replacing the Ignition Control Module (ICM) inside the distributor normally solves the problem. Be sure to apply silicone heat transfer compound to the back of the new ICM.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is wrong with my honda CR-V fuel system [ 1 Answers ]

My Honda CR-v CAR of 1997 seems to consume high amount of fuel per km than the recommended rate .it rate now is 7km per one liter . What is wrong and how to correct it?

97 honda passport fuel system too lean mass bad air flow system [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1997 Honda Passport with the 3.2 V6 which I am trying to fix. The OBD2 is saying the fuel trim system too lean (cylinder bank 1 code # P0171) and the mass air flow system performance problem code#P0101. I am not sure what it is that is wrong. Can someone tell me where to start?

Fuel system for a 1997 Honda Accord [ 3 Answers ]

Where is the fuel filter located? Can I replace it myself? The car will run for a few seconds then it seems to run out of fuel. Is it the Fuel Pump?

89 Honda CRX, possible fuel system failure? [ 5 Answers ]

Today, I was in the middle lane of a four lane highway. I was stopped at an intersection. Out of nowhere my oil and battery lights flicked on. It was almost like I had killed my car (it's a manual). I know I didn't, but I tried to start it anyway. It wouldn't start. The same lights kept coming on....

03 Honda Odyssey Fuel System [ 1 Answers ]

While driving the Odyssey it acts like it's not getting fuel consistently. RPM's fluctuate and it feels sluggish. It seems to be worse at 30-45 mph. It has 69000+ miles on it. Could it be something as simple as the fuel filter or needing fuel cleaner or something more serious. This grandma is on a...

View more questions Search