Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jrgoshe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2014, 02:27 PM
    Protective Pooch
    We have a 2 yr. old schnauzer that we've had since he was a pup. He is a pretty good dog and listens fairly well to me. My issue with him though is that while I am definitely the "master" (he only follows my commands and looks to me before making any moves) he seems overly protective of my children (ages 6, 7, 9). If we are wrestling around he tries to get in between us, will back up into them or on them and even jump up and lightly bite me! I'm not sure what to think about this... If I yell at him "NO!" a few times he backs off, but is still visibly worked up. What does this behavior mean? How do I correct it?

Any advice is much appreciated! Thanks!
    Jen

Check out some similar questions!

Pooch hall movie [ 2 Answers ]

Pooch hall plays in the movie where his girlfriend goes crazy I think she is schizophrenia and she puts her menstrual blood in his spaghetti

Poorly pooch! [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 4 and a half year old mad cross staffie/boxer who 4 months ago was kicked by a horse. He suffered bruising and a collapsed lung but recovered well and quickly too. Since then he has developed small red lumps that pop up all over his body and others that seem to be deeper under the skin....

My Dad is Over Protective! [ 2 Answers ]

My dad... oh my god! He is so annoying with how protective he is, I can't take it, he won't let me go anywhere, do anything, or be anyone! HELP ME, is there anything I can do to ease him up!

Protective Screen [ 9 Answers ]

Dear everyone, Is there any kind of protective screen for sale that can prevent rays from the laptop screen? Thanks:)

Being too protective? [ 4 Answers ]

My last question had to do with my ex... now I need a little help with my current boyfriend. We've been dating for almost a month and he's great except for one thing... he flirts with EVERYONE. Everyone that I've talked to that knows him tell me that it's just part of his personality and that's the...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.