Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    123john Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2007, 06:23 PM
    Kenmore (whirlpool washer)
    Have a problem with grease on clothes. I think it is coming up from the gear box. How big of a job is it to replace the seals in the gear case?
    redkidser Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2007, 08:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 123john
    have a problem with grease on clothes. i think it is coming up from the gear box. how big of a job is it to replace the seals in the gear case?
    At least the top load washer I have has no seal. Just seams that it is sealed by pressure. Might have a broken peace right above the gear box going up the shaft. It has a lot of dark brown grease in it that is going back up the shaft. Don't see any other way for that oil to get in there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore washer dryer combo 110-92966-102,washer agitates for a little then it stops. [ 0 Answers ]

Kenmore washer dryer combo 110-92966-102, The washer will fill and it will agitate for a little bit for about a minute, then it will stop before finishing.When it stops there is no motor sound.No matter what I set the knob to it will not start up again,but if I wait several minutes it will...

Whirlpool Washer [ 1 Answers ]

My Whirlpool Gold Catalyst washing machine has the error F3. Help, I have lost my manual.

Whirlpool Washer [ 1 Answers ]

Help! The bottom part of my washer agitates but the top part will not spin. What can I do?

Whirlpool washer [ 8 Answers ]

I just purchased a motor coupling for my washer but do not know how to install it can someone please tell me how to. Thank you.:

View more questions Search