Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bro98 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2014, 02:27 PM
    Help clarifying unhealthy relationship please
    Hello I appreciate you reading. I love life and myself and my beloved family that has always been there for me and with me through the worst and the best. I am an artist, martial artist, and trusted employee at a corporation and am happy in life except for my relationship with my girlfriend.

I am 26 and am in a place in my life where I feel that mingling to find my soul mate is what I need to do and the girl I'm with ain't the right one.. unfortunately. We live together which makes matters more complicated and her rent isn't cheap. She moved into this place while we were living together but she was letting me live rent free because I was in between finding places to live and was planning on moving to NY so was just paying for our food staying with her temporarily.

Things were working out OK and my plans to move were not set in stone and my family's plans to move also changed so I made the life decision to not find another place and just stay with her and split the rent. Well now I cannot take this relationship anymore. It is actually somewhat emotionally abusive and one of my friends said one of his room mates is moving out of his house end of this month and the room is mine if I want it.

I am feeling bad about breaking up with her and leaving her with 950 dollars/monthly expense for her place to live. She is in $50K debt and trying to pay that off as is. Although I did tell her before she got the place that if she didn't think she could afford it on her own to find something cheaper since at that time I was thinking of moving to NY.

OMG What do I do! I am taking any ideas or helpful motivation to do the right thing.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 3, 2014, 02:52 PM
    You have little choice but to give her a date and say good bye and leaving. The sooner the better for you both. Part of getting in a relationship is dealing with the fallout of hurt feelings when it ends.

Ideally you would be responsible and give her some financial assistance to cover your being there RENT FREE for however long. Drag this out at your own peril.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 3, 2014, 04:59 PM
    Ok, you feel bad, so give her some money each month for a period, to allow her time to adjust. $$$$ how bad do you really feel about it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I broke up with my boyfriend because the relationship was abusive and unhealthy but I [ 3 Answers ]

I broke up with my boyfriend of 10 years because the relationship had become very unhealthy for me to keep going on with it, but I said something that wasn't true that I know hurt him really bad that I know he took to the heart so I believe that its really and truly over I said something to hurt...

I think my husband has an unhealthy relationship with his mother [ 4 Answers ]

My husband calls his mother numerous times EVERY day. If he doesn't she is calling him. She is first person he talks to every day. Never does he go to bed without talking to her first. He/we see her every day, we only have dinner there, (she lives 2 blocks away. She supports us more than he does,...

My best friend is in unhealthy relationship and lately I've seen her at her worst. [ 5 Answers ]

My best friend is currently in emotionally abusive relationship. She claims he doesn't hit her but she constantly has bruises on her body. Her boyfriend of 5 yrs cheats, lies, mistreats her, doesn't work for like 3 yrs, he isn't supportive of her going to school or working and on top of that...

Unhealthy relationship or not [ 2 Answers ]

Where can I find early warning signs of an unhealthy relationship?

Unhealthy relationship [ 4 Answers ]

About 6 weeks ago, I started going to a support group for LGBTQIQ youth, and there, I met this guy, Junior. Junior and I started talking outside of the group and we quickly became friends. But on my side, I kept liking him more and more and more, until I got as close to loving him as I would allow...

View more questions Search