Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cvollmer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2014, 01:41 PM
    Senior dog drinks water constantly and pees everywhere
    17 yr old dachaund has breast cancer and is now drinking water excessively and urinating everywhere, could she also have diabetes and is she suffering?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 3, 2014, 02:27 PM
    I'd say she is suffering, to what extent I don't know, and as for what she might have, I don't know, but I'd say it's time to let her go now. Her cancer could even be everywhere. Do you want to put her through more tests? It's your decision, but I suspect that that will just prolong any pain.
    Sariss Posts: 1,471, Reputation: 244
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2014, 08:22 PM
    She could be suffering from diabetes or from kidney failure (among other things). While neither are particularly painful conditions, they are not fun to live with - and if left alone may get worse and put her into a medical crisis.
    You need to weigh your options here. Your dog is very old and has cancer - she now is most likely suffering from a separate disease that will most likely require extensive testing and medications.
    I think you should sit down with your vet and discuss quality of life.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Dog doesn't eat but drinks water and weak [ 2 Answers ]

My Dog is usually hyper and very playful and get excited when he saw food but since yesterday he doesn't want to eat. Well, yesterday I made him eat some treats and now he don't want to eat anything but he still drinks water. He also vomit 2 to 3 times and he seems like weak. He is also an outdoor...

My dog drinks lots of water and eats treats but only eats little dog food [ 5 Answers ]

My dog for the last few days will only drink water and eat treats but when it comes to his dog food he will only eat a little. Any ideas as to why he's like this?

8 year-old Standard Schnauzer has voracious appetite, drinks water, pees on carpet [ 1 Answers ]

Please advise. My 8-year-old Standard schnauzer, who recently had a physical (March 2012), and checked out okay, still has an unusually voracious appetite, drinks much more water then before, and has now started peeing on the carpet, and he is potty-trained. What should I do?

Dog Walking very slow, drinks water then better [ 2 Answers ]

My dog walks very slow,but when she has a drink of water she gets better , she also likes to get under a cover a lot.

My dog is losing a lot of weight, not eating but drinks water constantly. What co [ 1 Answers ]

My dog is losing a lot of weight, not eating and drinks water constantly. What could be wrong with him?

View more questions Search