Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bim1er Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2014, 08:50 AM
    Should I talk to a girl which my girlfriend does not like?
    In short, the girl was a good friend of my girlfriend. My girlfriend does not like it when I talk to her due to her "knowing" that the girl loves me. She has proof that the girl does. The girl was a really good friend of mine and I never saw anything awkward between the girl and I. Recently my girlfriend and I are now not able to see each other now due to family issues. So it's like a long distance relationship even though we live like really close. And the funny part is that my girlfriend never told to me stop talking to her just that she doesn't like it when I talk to the girl. But then again I never really had a problem with her talking to other guys. And in time I am absolutely sure my girlfriend and I will part ways due to the distance. The girl also texts me asking what's wrong and stuff. And now my girlfriend and I don't even talk much so it's like I don't even have a girlfriend anymore. So do I talk to the girl?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2014, 09:02 AM
    Sounds like she has a jelous streak in her that's not at all endearing.

Also sounds like you are both really young. How old are you both?

Mar 4, 2014, 12:51 AM
    Does age really matter?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2014, 06:24 AM
    Yes age matters... because this is a very immature behaviour.. it matters if she is 15 and doesn't know better... or 55 and should.

Much advice is age dependent....this very much is as well.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2014, 07:01 AM
    First, break up with your girlfriend. Then think about why you want to talk with this girl. If she has a crush on you, leave her alone unless you feel the same way. Let her know you see her as a friend only.

Mar 8, 2014, 08:50 AM
    Okay for one thing the my friend has never told me she loves me and denies it even if I ask her if she does. She has made it clear we're friends. But I don't want to break up with my girlfriend. And for one the way I described my situation may make us look young but we're both in our 20s. And why I want to talk with this girl? Maybe it's cause I want to reconnect with an old friend?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 8, 2014, 09:26 AM
    Why even make trouble just to get some attention in the absence of your girlfriend? That's what this is about and it's a common thing to look around for attention when things are rocky in your relationship.

Don't be deceptive, be honest with your girl friend and handle the relationship issues and leave the going behind her back off your list of options. You know this talking to this friend will not bode well if she finds out since they are friends. I doubt she sees this as a harmless reconnection of good friends and you know that. If you don't, you are only fooling yourself.

Mar 8, 2014, 09:30 AM
    Thank you talaniman. Like that is the exact answer I've been searching for. I just needed to hear it from someone I don't even know. You precisely have cleared my head. Kudos to you!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 8, 2014, 09:58 AM
    You're welcome and keep it real. Life is hard enough without the drama.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Mar 9, 2014, 07:04 AM
    Think about it.

Think about the freedom you have to associate with any person you like, without fear of prosecution.

Why would you give up your freedom, which is what it is, to choose who you talk to, or associate with.

Good grief.

Talk to whoever you like, and don't think twice about doing that, but, think twice about someone elses' insecurity and control in wanting to take that away from you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How to talk to a girl like? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm in sixth grade and there's a girl I love but why when every time I meet her it's so nervous to me. Please help! What should I do to? And there is another girl that loves me and I like her too. She said she wants to kiss me, she said it in message though. But when I meet her in person...

How do I talk to a girl I like? [ 2 Answers ]

There is a girl in my class that I have a crush on, I can't even talk to her I tried! I can't stand seeing her every day without her knowing how I feel. I need an answer!

I liked this girl.. But we have never actually talk.. [ 3 Answers ]

Alrite so in June I liked this girl and I think she liked me back.. I would always catch her staring at me and vice versa. After the summer I saw her a couple of times. And then when skool started.. she wasn't in my class anymore but we would occasionally see each other. But like 2 months passed...

Girlfriend taking a break. To talk or not to talk [ 52 Answers ]

My girlfriend of over a year has decided to take a break. All of a sudden, something clicked in her head and she feels that we're too young to have such a serious relationship. She doesn't want to miss out on all the experiences life has to offer. Mind you, she was always the one who talked about...

How to really talk to a girl? [ 5 Answers ]

When it come to girls it hard talking to them its like my mind go dumb... all I need to is some tips on talking to girls or anything and how to come up to a girl and leave with her nub and what not to say to them??

View more questions Search