Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    band_addict Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2014, 04:38 PM
    When should I get my nose pierced and how can I ask mom?
    I want a nose piercing... REALLY bad. And no,its not to fit in I just like piercings. I'm only 12. (dont judge) I already have 3 piercings in my ear so I'm ready for all that pain. I want to get a piercing asap, but I think my parents would more likely say yes if I got it on my birthday (which is in October by the way). Should I just wait till my birthday comes around. And whenever I do ask them,how do I ask?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 2, 2014, 06:52 PM
    Termos of service you agreed to before you were allowed to post means you can't tell us how to answer... and besides... most of us have the life experience to be able to judge.

You wait until you turn 18 and move out. THen you can do whatever you want.

Be lucky you got what you have, because its illegal most places to give kids those... and besides... kids look dumb with them. Besides, when you get older... many places will not hire you if you have them. Not for good jobs anyway.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 3, 2014, 04:27 AM
    Let me see, I have tattoo and a few piercings, so I think I have room to judge.

If this makes you fit in at 12, you have the wrong friends to fit in with.

You have to obey your parents till you are 18, so get used to it.

So basically end of discussion on that.

I will say with many, no, the ear is nothing like a nose, and you just think you ready for the pain. LOL...

But you will be judged, look down on and not trusted as much when you wear it.
    If you go into a store, they will watch you closer for shop lifting, if you look for work, lots of places will not hire you.

At 12, you care less about those, but things to consider
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2014, 07:41 AM
    I think it is a good time for you to learn that what you want isn't necessarily what you should have. Other than one piercing in each ear, I think you are way too young to make this decision. Express yourself in a less permanent way. Your tastes, likes, dislikes, interests, styles , friends and other aspects of your life will change many times at your age, so it's a bad idea to do things like this so young. In fact, I would say the same to my 19 year old son, who knows that as long as I help support him, he may not get piercings or tattoos.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Mar 3, 2014, 11:22 AM
    Just ask. Chances are they'll say no or wait until you're older. It will also give you a chance to consider the reprucussions of the piercing. Mmmm. Booger encrusted piercing. That'll be sexy in winter. The fun thing about piercings is that if you don't want it anymore you can leave it to heal up. There will be a scar though.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I had my nose pierced with a gun? [ 8 Answers ]

Today I had my nose pierced with a gun, and I'm really worried. The jewellery is basically a stud without a back, which obviously isn't the proper jewellery! Can I change the jewellery so soon? I don't want to end up with scarring or an infection! What shall I do?

I want my nose pierced how can I convince/hide it from my mom and dad? [ 11 Answers ]

I want my nose pierced but my mum or dad won't go for it I need a way to convince them or hide it help?

Re - Pierced Nose Ring ~ myself [ 3 Answers ]

I originally got my nose pierced almost 6 weeks ago, but I scratched out my peircing aabout a week and a half ago and couldn't get the original back in, so I found one that I had bought which was a screw in and I could not get it back in still. So I straightened it out and ended kind of repiercing...

Can't have my nose pierced [ 18 Answers ]

OK so I want my nose pierced and last year my mom said it was OK but I just moved back in with my dad and he thinks that body piercing on 13 years old is some kind of sin... and I keep telling him that it's my body and not his... so what am I going do?? :(

Pierced nose scar? [ 2 Answers ]

I really want to get my nose pierced. If at anytime I decide to not have jewelry in it anymore will it leave a scar?

View more questions Search