Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nocona05 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2014, 03:49 PM
    What college degrees and careers are open to a convicted felon
    I live in Denver, CO I have a 2nd degree assult in 2010. I went to prison and now on Parole and I'm off Paper May 2014 and my Heart is set on becoming a Trauma Therapist can I become one, having this felony against me
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 1, 2014, 04:15 PM
    No chance at all seeing as this position is in the healthcare field. A background check would have to be done, which would rule you out.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 1, 2014, 05:21 PM
    There are those with criminal records that do work in some areas of counseling. And can depend where the funding comes from for the program you are working under. And what state license are required for the work.
    nocona05 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2014, 09:56 AM
    So I can't work in anything even though I was an Asst. Physical Therapist before this
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    No chance at all seeing as this position is in the healthcare field. A background check would have to be done, which would rule you out.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 2, 2014, 05:02 PM
    No, you cannot work in the health related field.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm a convicted felon and my fiancée can't be around convicted felons? [ 10 Answers ]

I'm a convicted felon(nothing violent or sexual or drug related)However I have met someone who I am emotionally involved with who got into some recent trouble and is now also a convicted felon on probation. One of the conditions is she is not supposed to be around any other convicted felons or it...

Can I get into college even if I am a convicted felon? [ 6 Answers ]

Ok.. I was arrested and charged with 5 counts of credit card fraud about a year ago.. I'm 24, and it was just some dumb decision.. Now, I just want to do everything I can to better my life. Will I be able to get into any college, even though I am a convicted felon?

Convicted felon trying to go to college [ 2 Answers ]

What can I go to school for if I am a convicted felon with a burglary charge.

What careers can you do as a convicted felon [ 0 Answers ]

Hi I was convicted of a felony in 2007 for false police report and now am attending schooll and I just found out that I can't get a degree in nursing and I went to a couple of the help center they just don't help so what is a good way to find a job and what is a good career for someone with a...

Convicted felon marrying another convicted felon [ 2 Answers ]

Can a convicted felon marry another convicted felon? One is still in prison the other is no longer under supervised release. Both are federal cases.

View more questions Search