Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    missyboo_23 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2014, 02:34 PM
    Severe lower pain.
    I am having severe pain on my left side, right over my ovary. I have also had nausea along with headaches. I have thrown up 3 times in the past day and have been having hot flashes. Sometimes the pain gets so bad I have a hard time walking. Pain medicine does NOT work at all. Have any idea what it is or what I should do? I am 16 years old and female.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 27, 2014, 02:41 PM
    If I were you with those kinds of (very serious!) complaints, I'd tell a parent and make a doctor appointment for, like, yesterday or go to the ER. No one here can diagnose you. You've got to be checked out by a real-life doctor -- and be sure to tell him/her ALL of what you have been going through.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 27, 2014, 02:43 PM
    You are a minor child, under 18, so you tell a parent or guardian.
    The abdomen (female especially) has far too many organs and conditions to sort any of it out online. It's hard enough in a doctor's office. And pain can refer from one spot to another.
    So why are you asking us instead of telling a parent? If he or she or both are at work, call one of them and ask them about either calling your family doctor or meeting you at an ER, or both. You are old enough to call the family doctor, but call a parent first.
    missyboo_23 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2014, 02:44 PM
    I have gone to the ER and they haven't found anything.. they send me home with pain medication and say they have no idea why I am having pain.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 27, 2014, 03:14 PM
    That's the ER... not your regular doctor or a substitute for them... they are there to treat emergencies... your doctor (primary care physician) will know your medical history and be able to spend more time with you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Severe lower back pain [ 3 Answers ]

Been having severe lower back pain on right side only for over a month now. Right hip, buttocks, thigh and leg gets numb. Pain is worse at night, cannot sleep because of pain. Should I go to the E.R? I don't have insurance So I've been putting it off but it's not getting better if anything it's...

Severe pain in lower ribs on right side [ 1 Answers ]

I started to have pain there last week it hurt bad but the next day it went away then lastnight it intensafide severely and allday today it has been horrible it is really tender from my lower ribs and goes to just below my right shoulderblade.if I move too much it feels like I'm being stab and it...

Severe lower back pain all the way across [ 2 Answers ]

Constant neck pain from pulled muscle yr's ago. Recently my lower back all the way across hurts constantly, sharp pain in my ankle when I walk, I woke up one morning with sever pain in my big toes, left groin muscle hurt after I've walked up stairs this time hurt for 8 days this has all been...

Severe Pain in Right Side of My Lower Back [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a 19 year old female and I have had pain in my lower right side for about a month. It started as just a pain when I moved certain ways, And I saw a dr. right then. They Ran tests and Gave me antibiotics and muscle relaxers, even when I told her there was no way it was a muscle because it was...

Severe pain in lower back and side [ 3 Answers ]

I have not been exercising lying down sitting standing neither stops the pian but it is hard to tell where it is to anyone it is in very lower right hand side of abdomen and lower back not sure if it radaites from back to front or vice versa but I THNK is is from front to back......

View more questions Search