Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kangaroo111 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2014, 01:43 PM
    La caixa bank madrid
    I have a pending inheritance which awaits to be transferred to a personal account in my name. It will cost me $2,000 to set up.. I have been dealing with Mr. Anthonio Edwardo, Accounts Officer, The Director Foreign Operations, International Remittance Department. Is there such a person at the Madrid bank? What do you know of Barririster Giuseppe Francesco?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 27, 2014, 01:46 PM
    YOU got scammed... and won't ever see a dime of that money. Bank accounts don't cost large sums of money to set up. Anywhere in the world.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 27, 2014, 01:47 PM
    Sorry, we can't help you with this question. We have no direct relationship with any banks. You will have to contact the bank in question and ask them yourself.

How were you informed about this inheritance ? There are very popular scams of this nature and if I were you would not put any more money into this and be very suspicious.

Why, just curious, did you take up all that space typing down the side of the page ?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 27, 2014, 05:44 PM
    These are very common scams, may I guess, they had you send the money by Western Uniion?

If it was real, you would have done a bank transfer directly from your bank to that bank.

These are very common scams, I bet you never had any family or relations there ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need to check on account with La Caixa Bank in Madrid, Spain [ 13 Answers ]

I need to check on my account with Banco La Caixa in Madrid Spain. I have the account number. I also have the IBAN: as well as the Swift Code: I need the phone number so I can call to make sure everything is OK with my account. I want to call tomorrow and would like the phone number as soon as...

Madrid Branch of La Caixa Bank, on Jeronimo street [ 1 Answers ]

Have been contacted by a possible scam, claiming to be from the Madrdi branch of La Caixa Bank, on Carrera de San Jeronimo 247. Does anyone know anything?

View more questions Search