Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    psych311 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2014, 07:40 AM
    American standard bathtub faucet
    I have an american standard bathtub faucet. It was leaking so I changed the washers,now it is to tight to turn. What did I do wrong?
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Feb 27, 2014, 07:55 AM
    You probably tighten the bonnet nut to tight. The bonnet nut is the nut around the stem that prevents water from leaking out around the stem. The tighter you tighten it, the more it compresses the gasket around the stem to prevent leaking. Loosen it until it starts leaking and the retighten until leaking stops.
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why do I have no pressure with my american standard kitchen faucet [ 1 Answers ]

We installed an American Standard Pullout Kitchen Faucet in our Park Model Camper. About 4 years ago when we were at a different campground. We moved to a new campground 3 years ago and had no problems with the pressure. Last year we started to notice the pressure was different. And this year the...

How to remove a american standard 3 handle shower faucet [ 1 Answers ]

I have a two handle american standard shower faucet that is from the late 60's. I replaced the valve on the hot side, but still have a drip. Two weeks later the hot water stopped coming out. With the stem removed from the wall, I can see a part in the wall that moves like a bearing, is this the...

American Standard single handle kitchen faucet [ 3 Answers ]

I have a leaky single handle kitch faucet by American Standard. I have managed to get the handle and the cover off but can't see the source of the leak. I can see it is not a ball or ceramic plate faucet so I assume it is a cartridge and that is what I am looking at (the cartridge), however I...

Removing american standard shower faucet? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a very old (>15 years) american standard shower rotary control with temperature readout. Must remove and replace. Cannot remove handle. Set screw hidden. Need instrutions.

Low hot water pressure in bathtub of american standard faucet [ 5 Answers ]

I have a American Standard single handle faucet in my bathtub, the cold water in both the shower and tub is fine. The hot water pressure in both the shower and tub is very low. Is there anything I can do on my own to get more pressure in the hot water. Thanks RH

View more questions Search