Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dsilvanu Posts: 53, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2014, 02:44 AM
    Antique salt spoon?
    Hi,

I have, I believe, a salt spoon which was malleable at first and the handle was 'soft' and bending. I quickly straightened it and by the time I paid at the counter it was solid. Is this pure silver? Also the mark at the back of the spoon is either 'EA' or a horizontal 'T' that runs through the vertical 'A'. It has a green heavy clear globe stone at the end of the handle which gives weight.

Where can I post the images of my spoon? There is no icon on this page to do it.

Hoping to hear from you.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 27, 2014, 03:21 AM
    The markings don't indicate pure silver; but from your description, and the stone in the handle, it is probably a salt spoon. It doesn't matter if you post an image or not, I couldn't tell you if it was silver or not, but a jeweller could. How much did you pay for it ?
    dsilvanu Posts: 53, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2014, 03:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    The markings don't indicate pure silver; but from your description, and the stone in the handle, it is probably a salt spoon. It doesn't matter if you post an image or not, I couldn't tell you if it was silver or not, but a jeweller could. How much did you pay for it ?
    I bought it from a charity shop for AUD$1.00! Well if it's silver, that's a real bargain!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kosher salt vs sea salt [ 3 Answers ]

Maybe cb can answer this question, or any help would be appreciated. Just wondering why recipes I am reading in magazines call for kosher salt.

Duck salt dish, swan handle spoon stamped JC 950? [ 0 Answers ]

I have a few items silver metal stamped 950 and jc, I am unable to find much on the internet except platinum is stamped 950. I have some pictures that I can email if anyone could help me identify these, I would appreciate it Thanks kathy

Dead Sea Salt for use in my salt water pool? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am converting my swimming pool (25000 gallons of water) into a salt water pool. I just bought the Jandy generator and I need to get 80 lbs of salt ( I think) . It clearly states to get 100 percent NAC1. Can I use Dead Sea Salt?

Antique silver tea spoon sevvice set [ 4 Answers ]

I need to know when and where this was made I know it was made in england but not the maker or town the markings on the back are E.P.N.S. made england and in the shield it has RAENO I'm not sure what this means can anyone help me please also if anyone knows what it my be worth that would be helpful...

Salt pellet damage to car from salt truck [ 2 Answers ]

Re: Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT). My car was pelted by salt pellets being sprayed on the Kennedy Expy. Near Chicago. The pavement was totally dry thus causing the pellets to fly into my car which was traveling at 55 mph, damaging the hood and fenders extensively to the tune of over...

View more questions Search