Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    12vijay20 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2014, 10:14 PM
    How would the volume of 1 cm^3 of aluminum on Earth change if it were placed in a vac
    · How would the volume of 1 cm^3 of aluminum on Earth change if it were placed in a vacuum chamber and the pressure changed to that of the Moon (less than 10^-9 Pa)?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Feb 27, 2014, 09:47 AM
    I assume you are in a beginning mechanics class in engineering, right? Are you familiar with the definition of Young's Modulus of Elasticity? How would you apply it to ths problem?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sweeper broom/stick vac or canister vac? [ 3 Answers ]

Which do you think would be best for hardwoood floors, sweeper broom, stick vac, or canister vac? Or just a plain old broom... I hate how the dust swirls in the air from a broom. Thanks

I have a 3-wire 240 VAC power box, and would like to install a 120 VAC outlet from it [ 4 Answers ]

Do I just take power from one leg and ground? If so, how do I ground the outlet?

Rate of change of a volume of a balloon [ 2 Answers ]

Inflate a spherical balloon by blowing 1000cm³ of air into it every 5 secs: a) What is the rate of change of the volume of the balloon (in cm³/sec) at the moment when the radius of the balloon is 5cm? b) What is the rate of change of the radius of the balloon (in cm/sec) at the moment when...

Weight change and never lefrt earth's gravity [ 2 Answers ]

Why does your weight appear to change, even though you never left earth's gravity?

Change in tilt of the Earth [ 2 Answers ]

What would happen if the Earth tilted 90 degrees:confused:

View more questions Search