Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brilas Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Feb 26, 2014, 07:42 PM
    Working Out after the cast
    So about 3 and a half weeks ago I slipped on some ice and fractured my tibia (close to the ankle). As of right now I have a non weight bearing cast for another week, then I will be getting a walking boot for another 2 weeks. This is very disheartening as I was just getting into my new work out regime before my accident. I am curious if anyone knows how long after I get my cast off should I wait to start my program again? A lot of it is lower body moves (lunging, squats, running, etc). I was hoping to get back into things the day I get it off, but have a feeling that this will not be the case.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 26, 2014, 08:24 PM
    That's a discussion you should be having with your doctor.
    brilas Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Feb 26, 2014, 09:13 PM
    Well I'm just looking for a more general answer.. like peoples experience and information.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Feb 26, 2014, 09:21 PM
    I have broken more bones than I can count so I consider myself an expert in this category...Smoothy is right.

Everyone is different, everyone's break is different, everyone's healing is different. Your doctor is the only one that can safely and accurately answer this. Our experiences mean nothing.

I have broken both wrists...once I was told nothing strenuous, the other time it didn't seem to matter. Everyone and every situation is different.

If I had to guess, I'd say you will probably need to wait some time before exercising again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is there such thing as a Cast Iron sleeve to put into Cast Iron plumbing pipes? [ 8 Answers ]

Is there a Cast Iron sleeve to put inside Cast Iron plumbing pipes to keep them from rusting?

2004 honda accord brake lights not working changed bulbs but still not working [ 1 Answers ]

Changed bulbs lights still not working manual does not indicate which fuse or fuses to replace help anybody?

Cutting through cast iron How is it possible to cut through a cast iron soil pipe [ 6 Answers ]

Cutting through cast iron How is it possible to cut through a cast iron soil pipe

Cast iron vertical from cast iron horizontal can be pvc? [ 2 Answers ]

A leak developed in the main cast iron vertical stack of pipes leading to the horizontal main drain. Unfortunately, for me, the leak was so close to the ground that I had to break the concrete slab of the house. At that point, it just made sense to dig an extra 4 inches or so and remove the bad...

Working with old cast iron plumbing [ 2 Answers ]

What is the best way to remove lead pipe from old cast iron with out destroying the cast iron? Also the best way to then connect pvc to cast iron.

View more questions Search