Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Megamom118 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2014, 07:41 AM
    Dirty diapers...
    Hi everyone. I just have a question regarding diapers being left in a room. My oldest sister has a baby, and she leaves his diapers in her room days on end. The room gets so hot in there and then the aroma of the smell lingers throughout the house. The smell is horrible. She's told every day to clear them out but she's always "forgetting" to remove them. Once I didn't know what the smell was, I went in her room and found diapers in a bag on the floor. I grabbed them to dispose of them, thinking nothing, I took a whiff of them to see if it was the smell I was searching for. I was disgusted. I later then started feeling sick. As if I had flu like symptoms. Since she has been doing this we are constantly feeling sick. Headaches, migraines, fevers, just all around sick all the time! Could this be the reason!!
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Feb 26, 2014, 08:02 AM
    Could be but unlikely. Human poop, too a lesser extent a child's depending on their age, contain a buttload of bacteria in them. No pun. That bacteria aids in digestion of food that our gut alone can't digest. They get a home and we get nutrients. It is a glorious circle of time and stuff. The bacteria in question isn't really airborne and wouldn't likely be able to enter your repository tract to give you symptoms that way. Usually they need to be digested. If they're not disturbed then you're fine. If the diaper is closed and put in the bag, except for the odour, you should be fine. The odour is the by product of continue digestion of the faecal matter after excretion. Those little bacterias are still working! The gas shouldn't be an issue.

The main problem could be that a mold has infested the diapers. The poop is full of nutrients and food for molds. So if a nasty variety of mold has infected your diapers than the spores could be causing issues. I can't imagine that there is enough spores for them to be causing what you're see, but it is plausible. What is more plausible is that either your house is to blame or an external sickness.

That being said. Invest in a baby present of a Diaper Genie for her. Those things are awesome. Or some variety of diaper pale. There is no excuse for letting dirty diapers build up. Forgetting is no excuse. Even the most tired and sleep deprived parent, like my wife and myself, has the where with all to clean that up. Don't let her get away with being lazy. Get her to clean that crap up. Again, no pun.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Diarrhea diapers [ 4 Answers ]

My 6 month old son has had diarrhea for the past week and every single diaper I change him he has had diarrhea in every diaper. They has not been one single pee diaper without the poop and he is teething and has very server diaper rash. I am using desitin diaper rash cream along with baby powder....

Changing Diapers [ 11 Answers ]

I was just talking to my husband as once he told me has a bad gag reflex when he sees and smells poo or vomit. We have 2 cats and I ALWAYS change litter.. Now I'm pregnant so I told him he can't expect me to do it all the time. Esp in occasions I won't be home. He said he won't because he...

My guinea pig is sick.. he has crusty eyes, dirty nose, and dirty mouth.. what's wrong? [ 4 Answers ]

Tonight I went to feed him and noticed his eyes were suddenly very crusty an his nose was dirty. His nose was dirty the day before but not bad. And today his chin is dirty. I think he might b having diareah. He is breathing odd too. Quick breaths, looks like he might be struggling. I love him to...

Children and diapers [ 8 Answers ]

Hi my daughter is 2 years old and I have been using huggies diapers... but they tend to leak a lot.but I wanted to try pampers but I'm not sure if your supposed to change the kind of diapers they use... all though she does not have sensitive skin... but should I not change them?

I want to be rid of diapers FOREVER! [ 12 Answers ]

I have a 2 and 1/2 year old and a 1 and 3/4 year old. I am hoping I can potty train together. I am on medical leave from work and I have plenty of time. I have been trying but (and I hope I don't offend any guys out there) BUT MY BOYS ARE SO FREAKIN LAZY!! My daughter was potty trained by 10...

View more questions Search