Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KnDami3n Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2014, 06:08 AM
    Please help me ID a movie similar to Aladdin (It's not the Japanese/French cartoons)
    I remember watching this animated thingy kind of similar to Aladdin on VHS when I was like 5. It was in french (if I remember right). It is VERY similar to the Japanese version from the 1980s (but I don't think it's exactly the same). It is also NOT the 1970/ 1969 French Version or The Princess and the Cobbler.

Please do help me ID it if at all possible.

Here's all I can remember about it:

1)There were two genies (the one from the lamp and the other from a ring).
    2)There was a young boy who gained the one from the lamp. Uses it to build a castle etc etc.
    3)I think there was a bit about wooing a princess in there too.
    4)The boy loses the Genie of the Lamp and his castle is carried away by the Genie at the command of his new master (I think the princess was in it as well).
    5)He goes after the castle and has to fight back with the Genie of the Ring.
    6)I remember the castle being joined in the middle by a sort of 'balcony-brige' thing.
    7)The Genie of the lamp wore a cloth/ sarong kind of outfit (similar to Aladdin from Disney's version). He also had a mustache and was kind of huge.
    8)There was a magic carpet as well.
    9)The music was Arabian-ish.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!
    P@t Posts: 115, Reputation: 3

Feb 27, 2014, 02:00 AM
    Aladdin and the Wonderful Lamp (1982)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Japanese movie? [ 0 Answers ]

The late eighties I watched a movie about a group of warriors who have been hired to defend a village from certain bad guys. Resembles the seven samurai, but isn't same movie.Everyone of warriors had a particular skill, good with a sword, good with a spear,. I think they were samurai but I'm not...

80s japanese cartoons aired in germany [ 2 Answers ]

I have been desperately looking to find an old cartoon series. I think it's anime (I am not good with those things at all). It features a girl with blue hair that has what I think it is a magical watch and maybe a magician hat. All I can remember is that there were bubbles everywhere when she...

Sci fi cartoons of 80 japanese -movies - films [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for a cartoon series. It was set in space. There were two races, one small and one giant. The smaller race used robots the become warriors the same size as the giant race. I thought it might have been Voltron (similar concept, people in robots), but not. Only other thing I...

Animated Movie Kind of like Aladdin [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I'm looking for the name of an animated movie I saw a while ago. I can't really remember much about it accept the main character's name might have been Tack or Tak (?). He's kind of lanky and he's poor and I think he always keeps a tack in his mouth. I also recall that the...

View more questions Search