Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sillygirlmad Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2014, 01:52 AM
    Love or lust?
    I am over 16. I have been in a relationship since 2 and a half years. We kissed last year, when I was sure that he is the right guy. Since then we have met many times and have kisses frequently. Some days back, after such long relationship, while kissing, he touched my breasts, from above the dress. I liked it. Then after some days, he put his hands in my dress and touched my breasts above the bra. I told him up to this extent, its okay, and he must not go beyond this. He is nice and comforted me that he will do beyond this when we marry, after 8-10 years. So I just want to know that should I continue to be more elegent with him liking taking off my top for him to touch my breasts above the bra and my shoulders and my stomach. Or I should remain protective and wait for 10 years... is this lust or our love will last long?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 26, 2014, 01:56 AM
    How much older than 16 ? Why being secret about age ?

And at 16, it would be 8 or 10 years to marriage ? Why?

But if you are already touching, it starts growing little by little, this is hormones and lust. Love does not require sexual contact but gets blamed for it. Sexual desires is what causes this, or sometimes fear of rejection if you don't

Only you, know your moral and ethic codes and only you know what you are willing to do and what you require to wait.

You can only do it One time ( for the first time)

Feb 26, 2014, 02:50 AM
    I think it love only,. coz we have been together for 2 and a half years... and he really cares for me and loves me... he has never demanded for intense touching... but I know it well that he wishes a bit intimacy... what I think.. I should put bit restrictions... but allow him touching my stomach.. shoulders... and above the bra... what do you say.. pls help
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Feb 26, 2014, 07:43 AM
    This is not love, it is hormones and lust. If you don't want things to get out of hand and you end up having sex and getting pregnant leave your clothes in place.
    It does not matter of you've been together 6 years, at you age, this is curiosity, hormones and lust, not love. This is not about what he wants but what is wise.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 26, 2014, 07:44 AM
    Its lust... its impossible to be love because you don't have the life experience and maturity to be able to develop love at this stage of your life.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 26, 2014, 07:55 AM
    Love is sitting with all your clothes on, maybe holding hands, or arm around other, talking or just doing something together.

Feb 26, 2014, 08:39 AM
    So can you just give me some tips, so that I may increase the love between us instead of this lust... so that we live together for the whole life... coz I have known him so long.. and he is really a faithful and loyal person.. and in his absence his friends often say that he really reallly loves me.. I don't want to loose him
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 26, 2014, 08:40 AM
    This site will NOT give that type of advice to MINORS.
    As such this thread is now CLOSED

Feb 26, 2014, 09:16 AM
    Lust.. Love..
    What is actually Love?. How to differentiate between Love and Lust?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 26, 2014, 09:53 AM
    The differnces are subtle.. and difficult to put into finite terms...

When you have enough life experience and have dated enough people you will notice the differences... but its impossible to simply explain them to a teenager that lacks the life experience needed to understand them.

We are talking nuances and a very younge person wants to see things how they want to see them...and misunderstand the nuances....(thats not an attack, all young people do this until they have enough experience, and some people might take decades longer than most to learn it)
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 26, 2014, 10:47 AM
    It is hard to define love. It is different things to different people. But one of the characteristics is wanting to do anything for the object of your love, sacrificing yourself to them.

But lust, on the other hand is fairly easy. Its nothing more than a desire for sexual satisfaction.

Sexual intimacy is a natural progression of a relationship, but it should only be entered into when BOTH are convinced that the relationship has progressed to that point. This means a long term relationship. Depending on the ages and maturity of the people involved it could means a relationship spanning multiple years. The younger a person is, the longer they should wait.

Also sexual intimacy doesn't necessarily mean sexual intercourse. Sexual intercourse should only be entered into when the partners are physically, financially and emotional prepared to have children.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 26, 2014, 01:44 PM
    I think your parents are the ones to discuss rules and boundaries for good behavior with. Teens can always get carried away by the moment, and make mistakes for life. Less physical intimate contact, and more good wholesome activities, around church school family, or approved groups, helps the sharing caring and having fun and keeps you out of those situations where the lust rises beyond control.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Does he love me or lust me? [ 1 Answers ]

Der is a guy,we are friends since last 6 months... but since 2 months we are kind of dating... its like he used to keep asking if me and my friend like each other... or do I have a boyfriend... so before I said yes... but then once I told him that I like him and he said that he feels the same......

Love or lust [ 6 Answers ]

Well my boyfriend & I have been dating for about a year last month he proposed I love him and want to spend the rest of my life with him but its just that I feel like I'm too attached to him, I don't let him have any alone time and when things don't go my way I freak out and feel unsecured and...

In love but not lust - What next? [ 16 Answers ]

Ok you guys, can I ask your valued opinions please. Married 24yrs, I love my wife and have never hidden this from her but I feel my love is being tested very much so as time goes by. For sometime now, maybe 10yrs or so I have not had any real desire sexually for my wife. We work together get on...

Love or Lust? [ 7 Answers ]

Okay. So I have an interesting situation. I meet this guy in a forum about 7 years ago. We were good friends through it, it was actually an RPG forum; but we both eventually left it and still stayed friends Instant Messenger. This friendship started to turn into infatuation and like.This went on...

View more questions Search