Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    merlinmcf Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2014, 04:56 PM
    Wallpaper removal
    I peeled off the vinyl coated wallpaper on my wall. I am left with a manilla coating. Can I remove this part with a water/vinegar solution?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 25, 2014, 05:28 PM
    Yes you can ~ ! Plus scoring it with a sharp knife, without going too deep, helps to get the solution under that paper liner. Wait, spray again, spray again, and then start scraping with a paint spatula. Kids love this job !
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2014, 06:06 PM
    Get a "paper tiger" and DIF wallpaper enzyme remover.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 25, 2014, 08:10 PM
    Yep, paper tiger is my friend. Zinsser 2966 PaperTiger Scoring Tool for Wallpaper Removal Single Head - Amazon.com
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

Feb 28, 2014, 01:50 PM
    I used fabric softener/water mix in a spray bottle - sprayed it on the wall, waited 5/10 minutes or so, and the wallpaper/adhesive came off in sheets - it was amazing! (room smelled great when I was done too ;) )
    alisonsmith Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2014, 11:59 PM
    Yes.. you can easily remove your wallpaper with water. But if you may not do the same or have any problem. Then you can use other chemicals.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Wallpaper removal [ 1 Answers ]

We have had wallpaper on part of a kitchen wall for close to 25 years and would like to remove it but unsure of what to use. Any help out there?

Old Wallpaper Removal [ 9 Answers ]

Is it best to have a professional to remove old wallpaper? After it is removal, must walls need to be textured?

Wallpaper removal [ 1 Answers ]

I am a contractor and am bidding on a 19 story interior condo which I will be painting all interior hallways first having to remove about 48,000 sq.ft of stipable wallpaper.My question is a square footage price for the removal?

Wallpaper removal [ 2 Answers ]

What is a fair price to pay for wallpaper removal?

Wallpaper removal [ 2 Answers ]

I've recently removed vinyl wallpaper from my kitchen walls. It all came off beautifully, but now the walls feel bumpy from what I assume is the glue. I've tried to wash it off, but it just feels slick and sticky and dries bumpy again. Any suggestions? grace1

View more questions Search