Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    caringaunt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2014, 01:36 PM
    Temporary Custody of Niece
    Do I need to get a lawyer or to court in order to get temporary custody of my niece? Both parents are in agreement in giving me temporary custody until they are stable and capable of taking her back. Is the 'Temporary Guardianship Agreement' form all I need? If both parties are in agreement, should it be fairly easy?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 25, 2014, 02:38 PM
    If all parties are in agreement, signing a Temporary Guardianship (get it notarized) should be sufficient to allow you make decisions for your niece. Guardianship and custody are different items but very similar.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I live in Georgia and want to get temporary custody of my niece. [ 3 Answers ]

My sister and her husband have hit on hard times. They are receiving government food stamps. They are in the process of separating. My niece is living with her dad at his mom's house. An incident occurred while at his mother's that caused my niece to go to the hospital. DFAC has been investigating...

How can I get temporary custody of my niece so that I can reqister her for school? [ 1 Answers ]

I need to register my niece in school,both of her parents are in jail and her grandmother my sister does not have room for her at this time, what do I need to do? School starts next Monday in our county.

I want to get temporary custody of my 8yearold niece [ 4 Answers ]

My sister is 24yearsold with 4 children's with no where for them to live.My niece who I want to get custody has been staying with me since she was 2years old off and on.But now she's been with me for 3years straight.I ask my sister to give me custody of her until she get her self together but she...

Temporary Custody of Niece [ 4 Answers ]

My 12 year old niece has a variety of emotional and behavioral problems. My sister has agreed to let me have my niece for the summer. My question is, do I need to get legal temporary custody of her to have her for the two months during the summer? Especially with her medical issues...

View more questions Search