Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mh73 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2007, 03:11 PM
    1099 Received after already filed
    Hi All,

I was just notified that I would be receiving a 1099 from the employer I started working for at the tail end of 2006. I probably should have anticipated getting one, but I didn't and already filed my return.

What should I do once I get the 1099? I didn't make a whole lot of money last year and the 1099 will likely be for under $800.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Mh
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 2, 2007, 03:15 PM
    File an admended tax return with the addition income on it.
    mh73 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2007, 03:22 PM
    Thanks Chuck!

I appreciate it!
    Mobea Posts: 220, Reputation: 15

Apr 2, 2007, 09:22 PM
    Chuck is right. The IRS wants you to report ALL of your income whether you received a 1099 or not. You knew that you earned that money before you got a 1099, so you should have reported it on your original return. So now, alas, you have to file an amended return. If you have additional expenses that you incurred while you were working on that job, you may apply those expenses to your amended return also. @Extra mileage on your vehicle, an extra month of home office expense, supplies, etc.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Apr 9, 2007, 02:56 PM
    Agreed!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Resident alien F-1 received W2 and 1099 Misc [ 3 Answers ]

Hello AtlantaTaxExpert, Please help. I am a F-1 student from China. My status is resident alien since I came to US in Sept. 2000. In 2006, I worked for half year at a university (as a research assistant) and half year at a local company under CPT - Curricular Practical Training. I've received a...

Filed 1040 in 2005 instead of 1040NR: Which form should be filed for 2006? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I came to the US in Fall 04 and since then have been continuously on an F-1 student visa. I filed form 1040NR-EZ for 2004, but for 2005 I hired a CPA who (without informing me) filed a 1040 on my behalf. In there, he claimed an education credit (or something to that effect) which effectively...

On F1 status, received 1099-Misc [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am an international college student on F1 status. I own a website and I receive commissions for advertisements on my website. I received 1099-MISC with income in Box 7 (nonemployee compensation). The income is small, only about 8 hundred dollars. When I asked my school advisor how I...

Received a W2 and 1099 from same employer? [ 1 Answers ]

I am hoping someone can shed some light on an unusal tax situation. My husband has been with the same company for 4 1/2 years. Each pay period he receives one paycheck from his employer. For the past 3 1/2 years, he has always received one W2 for his earnings. For some reason this year is...

Haven't received a 1099-MISC [ 3 Answers ]

I worked last year as a consultant for a small company. I haven't received a 1099-MISC from them, though I'm certain they will report my income. Frankly, I'm concerned that without significant badgering I won't ever see the 1099-MISC. Any suggestions for getting them to hurry things up? Can I file...

View more questions Search