Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anne1993 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2014, 08:05 AM
    Why is my 11 month old Morkie going to the bathroom indoors suddenly?
    My 11 month old Motliest is suddenly going to the bathroom indoors. She hasn't had an accident in months. She normally scratches at the door when she needs to go out ( she still is but having accidents as well). Last night she didn't scratch she pooped right in front of the door. This morning I put her out when we got up as soon as she got in she peed on the floor. I don't know what's different with her, I'm the only one who cares for her. HELP I can't have this happening. I recently starting giving her new food for dinner which she loves. I tried it because she's not a good eater but would that make her pee and poop indoors? And stop scratching at the door?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 25, 2014, 05:41 PM
    When you switched foods how did you do it? Did you switch slowly, or just suddenly start giving her new food?

Dogs don't handle a sudden change in diet well, it can cause stomache upset, diarrhea, and other issue.

The correct way to change food is slowly, 1/4 new food with 3/4 old for the first 4 days. If no reaction go 1/2 new 1/2 old for 4 days. No reaction, go 3/4 new 1/4 old for 4 days. No reaction, then switch to all new. That's the proper way to change your dogs diet.

Any change in potty issues should be discussed with your vet first, to rule out medical issues. If she gets a clean bill of health, then it's a behavior issue, which means retraining.
    anne1993 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2014, 06:06 PM
    Morkie born w/weak trachea
    I have a female Morkie she was born with a weakened /collapsing trachea, I was just wondering if anyone else has any inputs on this as it scares me when she is gagging
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 28, 2014, 07:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by anne1993 View Post
    I have a female Morkie she was born with a weakened /collapsing trachea, I was just wondering if anyone else has any inputs on this as it scares me when she is gagging
    Experience is never as good as actual help from a licensed vet. Is she under a vets care for this condition?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

3 month old morkie not eating well [ 3 Answers ]

Hello Just got our little morkie and he is so good just doesn't eat that well. He was on Royal Canin for puppies doesn't love it though eats one or two kibbles and that is it. The breeder said feed twice a day leave down for 20 minutes then remove. I just feel so bad if he is not eating I tried...

For over a month suddenly my tongue, the front 1/3 and u the rt dide started tingling [ 1 Answers ]

Over a onth ago my front 1/3 of the end of my tongue and all up the right side started tingling then turned to burning and now my right lower lip goes numb. It's also red and very swollen. I have high pain threshnold for pain so the numb and burning bother me the most. I went to doctors and he...

6 month puppy afraid of the dark and pees indoors [ 0 Answers ]

My 6 month old female English cocker spaniel is not an easy dog to house break but we thought we were getting there when she's suddenly started pooping and peeing indoors all over again. Her poop timings are never the same from day to day though I feed her the same food at the same time every...

Suddenly 18 month puppy started eating dog poop [ 3 Answers ]

she eats wellness salmon dog food 1/4 c. 2x/day weighs 15lbs she is a.king charles has a brother who is 23 lbs,she has only been getting one walk a day sice I broke my arm 3 weeks ago

6 month old Cockapoo suddenly turns his nose up to his food. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, My 6 month old Cockapoo "Rocky" has been somewhat happily eating his **** Van Patten Natural Balance wet and dry mixed food. I mix equal parts of these two foods together: Wet: Canned Beef and Brown Rice, Duck and Potato, etc: http://www.naturalbalanceinc.com/dogformulas/UPDcanned.html...

View more questions Search