Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Oelschlagel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2014, 12:46 AM
    Whelping
    Hello,
    My Presa Canario, Carrie, is due to have puppies at any time now. I have been taking her temperature regularly, currently 37.2'C. She should be going into labour at any point now, she is still eating and drinking normally. Bathroom breaks are frequent and normal, she has been sleeping a lot with no restlessness. I would just like some advice of how to make this go smoothly , this is her first litter.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 25, 2014, 04:34 AM
    The only way to make it go smoothly for her is not fussing over her at this time. You may make your anxious which is not good. She will know what to do when to do it. Just make sure she has a clean 'nest' away from drafts in a quiet place and if you have other animals, make sure she will not be bothered before or after she has her pups. Have you notified you vet of the impending birth ?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 25, 2014, 05:44 PM
    It's best to have your breeding mentor with you when she goes into labor. As a registered breeder that's been breeding for many years, your breeding mentor has been through many litters and will know what best to do. Don't be afraid to call on her, she wants to best for the breed she breeds, and that includes helping out new breeders.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whelping Puppies [ 3 Answers ]

I have st.bernard puppies. One of the pups is a runt. It is less than half the size of his brothers and sisters. I have been nursing him every 2 to 3 hrs around the clock. He will be one week old tomorrow. Does anyone know what his chances of survival are? Thanks.

Whelping Puppies! [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: 4 weeks ago today, I helped my female Chihuahua, whelp 3 healthy, beautiful little girls. Mom and girls are all doing great! They have all been to the vet, and she will be getting Spayed as soon as the Vet says she can! She did great, and everything went smoothly and with basically no...

Whelping puppies, urgent! [ 130 Answers ]

Ok, so here's the deal. I adopted a dog from the shelter last month. They were not sure if she was spayed but scheduled her to be... her appt was for December 6th. This last week my husband and I have been noticing what we thought might be pregnancy symptoms. I asked around on here and finally...

View more questions Search