Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kari_2 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2014, 01:09 PM
    Dating to relationship
    I have been going out with this guy for 6 months now and I feel quite comfortable with him. He's really not like the same but the thing that worries me is that we do not talk about our relationship and I do not know if that should worry me or not, like I feel great being with him but he never mentions commitment etc. We see each other about 3 times a week since we are both busy doing our degrees ( he's 23, I'm 21) and I'm quite sure that it is not the friends with benefits thing (trust me I've been there) and also we are not sexually active. Also whenever I say I am going clubbing he comes along and I feel that I need 1 time per month to see my friends alone. To sum up, I know he is kind of serious however I do not know why he never brings it up. Should I say something? And if so what?
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 24, 2014, 01:55 PM
    Firstly, what do you want from him in the way of commitment?
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2014, 01:58 PM
    Isn't part of being in a relationship the ability to talk openly and honestly with your partner? You two aren't there yet. It takes time to get there. Question - does he see you as his girlfriend or just a friend?
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Feb 24, 2014, 02:00 PM
    Why does everyone seem to have so much trouble talking to each other these days?
    Kari_2 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2014, 02:18 PM
    I don't know how he sees me that is the question. By commitment I mean not seeing other people etc, which I do not think he does but how can you ask what he wants in a way that he does not think I am some physco.
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2014, 02:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kari_2 View Post
    I don't know how he sees me that is the question. By commitment I mean not seeing other people etc, which I do not think he does but how can you ask what he wants in a way that he does not think I am some physco.
    If you just talk to him about what you want, where you are headed, and he thinks you are some physco, you either did something horribly wrong or you shouldn't be around him in the first place. I don't think either of those two things will happen. Open up and talk. You can't have a deeper relationship without talking.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 24, 2014, 03:11 PM
    The point we are getting at... is why you are afraid to come out and ask him?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 24, 2014, 03:49 PM
    When you have the conversation, lead out with "I" statements, such as -- "I really like you. We've been going together for 6 months now. I'm ready to make this an exclusive relationship. How do you feel about that?"
    Expert

Feb 24, 2014, 04:37 PM
    The only way to find out what's on someone's mind is to ask them.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 24, 2014, 11:58 PM
    I see the entire talking a big issue and a serious worry to me.

If you do not know how to ask him or talk to him about this. You are not ready to be in a serious relationship with him yet.
    Expert

Feb 25, 2014, 11:18 AM
    The foundation of any interaction be it friends or more, is defined by honest communications. You will never resolve anything by unexpressed feelings, or concerns as they mislead and not clarify. FEAR doesn't help at all. Overcome your fear and get facts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Non sexual relationship dating and relationship manipulation [ 15 Answers ]

I am in a relationship with a guy that I believe to be a really good guy, he is 16 yrs my senior( I'm 23). He has been married once and has 3 kids from that marriage, he says he has never been in a non-sexual relationship and neither have I ,but I am starting to become more active in my church and...

How does dating turn into a relationship? [ 7 Answers ]

Do people normally go out on dates and then all of the sudden just call it a relationship? OR Do people usually get into a relationship and then see each other on dates?

She wants to continue dating without a relationship [ 5 Answers ]

This site has helped me quite a bit over the last year. The advice provided here helped me to escape a bad relationship with a girl that was not good for me. Now I have met a girl who is a great person with whom I would love to start relationship. We have been dating nearly three months. I...

I hate dating! But I want a relationship [ 5 Answers ]

I cannot stand dating.. all of my longer lasting relationships were someone I had been friends with prior, or I met them at work. I signed up to this eharmony crap, and it gave me 4 people to choose from, and they all lived like 20 miles away. I just want to meet somebody local, but my new job...

View more questions Search