Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    biabia Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2014, 09:59 PM
    How to handle a broken friendship?
    My friendship was severely effected when I learned that my best friend since I was 2, slept with the father of my child. I ended up leaving him a few years after I learned that this had happened. Both of them denied it and continue to deny it. I know in my gut that it did happen for various reasons. But she is friends with my family and we have several mutual friends. We always run into each other at events and gatherings. Its awkward.What or how do I move past this without it being awkward?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 23, 2014, 10:31 PM
    This is a tough situation. Since she denies that this happened, but you're adamant that it did, one of you is going to have to accept that you're not going to get closure. That's usually what holds people back in cases like this. She says she didn't sleep with your ex, you say she did, one of you is lying or wrong. If she's telling the truth, why should she admit to something she didn't do, just to regain your friendship. If she's lying, you have to either accept that lie, never bring it up again, so you can regain a friendship.

Either way, someone has to let it go so you can move on.
    biabia Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2014, 11:18 PM
    Thank you... I agree. It is very tough because I don't want to be friends with her but I have family that is still friends with her and my close friends are her extended family. Im at a crossroads because I don't want to sever those relationships but I also can't be fake with her.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What to do about a broken friendship? [ 4 Answers ]

I built a strong friendship with a guy who I met when we worked at a fast food restaurant in 2011. We became fast friends, went through a lot together and we basically alcoholics together. During these two years I spent a lot of time and money on him. Earlier this summer I agreed to add him to a...

How do I handle these friendship woes? [ 6 Answers ]

My friend has kind of been driving me crazy and I'm thinking of dumping her. First she;s suddenly getting picky. She doesn't enjoy to be around anyone new. She's a little stinky, and she's stubborn. Like once she came over we had to share an ice cream. Me an my other friend had to eat it all...

Broken friendship or depression? [ 7 Answers ]

I have a friend who two years ago stopped talking to me for four months because she was suffering from clinical depression, and withdrew. During that time, she would not respond to letters, emails, etc. We had been inseparable before that. Since then, our friendship was more distant. However,...

How to mend a broken friendship [ 5 Answers ]

I had two friends lets say x and y at office we 3 were mutual friends and used to sit in the same cubicle at office. Dur to some reason my friendship with y got broken because of which I became very much possessive over x also and I didn't like she talking to y though I didn't ever stopped her from...

Broken friendship [ 10 Answers ]

So to begin with there was a guy that when I used to see him in my heart I would say wow that guy looks great but he never talked to me. Then last time we were at the beach and he began to talk to me and tease me. After he found me on the web and then I gave him my Yahoo address and he added me. ...

View more questions Search