Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gayle770 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2014, 09:43 PM
    My son in law is rude and controlling -
    Hi - My son in law is rude, insecure, and controlling. We got him a cake for his 30th birthday and took evryone out to a nice brunch. Do I also have to send him a present, even though he is openly rude to us?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 23, 2014, 10:40 PM
    No one has to do anything they don't want to. If you don't want to give him a present, don't do it. Sadly that action may have repercussions since he's married to your daughter. So really it depends on you and how much you care about maintaining a relationship with your daughter, and your future grandchildren.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 2, 2014, 10:38 AM
    Sending a rude in law a present is up to you, but killing them with kindness is an option just in case your opinion of him is wrong. How long and how well do you know him?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Over controlling, two faced monster in law [ 12 Answers ]

:confused:My fiancé and I were planning to get married on June 19 2010 (just a tentive date). After discussing with each other we decided that a fall wedding was something we wanted so we decided to change the date to October 10 2009. Now we thought this date would be good as we still have over a...

The supervisor is my father in law and is very rude and degrading during my visits. [ 2 Answers ]

I signed custody of my children over for insurance purposes only.Ive been married since I was 17 to there son.He lost a very well paying job along with our insurance.That was 2011 its now September of 2013.I was in a car wreck in February of 2013.I was rear ended. I wad making a left turn of our...

Results of different parenting styles my 19 yr old son is rude and disrespectful [ 3 Answers ]

How do I continue to live under one roof with disrespectful rude 19 yr old, and husband who says its just a stage?

Controlling, threatening, ex boyfriend with son [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I'm actually asking for help on behalf of a friend, and need some advice so I can pass on to her. I will describe the situation in point form. Sorry for long post, but the situation seems complex. - the guy is ex boyfriend for about 5 yrs now - has a son to ex boy friend from 5 yrs ago...

Neighbor's adult son is rude [ 5 Answers ]

We live in a friendly village, and our widowed neighbor, has an adult son, in his 50's that does not love there, lives nearby but visits everyday to take care of the lawn. We say hello, he turns away and grunts. When he is speaking with another neighbor and they call out to me to say hello, or...

View more questions Search