Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    patty1969 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2014, 05:44 PM
    What evidence can you use in a Virginia code 65.2-308 lawsuit?
    Can you use your successful Virginia unemployment compensation appeal's hearing evidence in a Virginia code 65.2-308 lawsuit?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 22, 2014, 05:49 PM
    Code section 65.2-308 is about protection from termination for filing a worker's comp claim. Winning an unemployment claim appeal, means that you qualified for unemployment. These are two different things. Without knowing what reasons were found for termination it is impossible to tell.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 22, 2014, 05:57 PM
    You will need copies of company memo's normally signed or proved handwriting o who wrote the memo that you were terminated for the reasons you claim.

If legally obtained, copies of emails from management that state reasons for your termination.

Also, other employees who may have heard management say things, can testify, normally current employees are best, since past employees testimony may not hold as much weight.

Just the two events, your action and then their firing you, may seem obvious, but believe me, obvious does not count in court rooms, you will have to provide written or witness evidence that proves the management of the company intended your firing for that reason.

It is very hard to prove, seldom will a company put those things in writing, and current employees will be in fear of termination if they testified.

A major university in Georgia fired the three men who had a racial discriminalton law suit against them, and also fired one of the main witness. They listed other reasons for termination, it was obvious, everyone knew why it happened, but the case was wrongful termination case dismissed for lack of evidence.

So just knowing it happened, everyone knowing it happen will not help in court.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I complain to my lawyer about a Virginia code 65.2-308 settlement claim resolu [ 0 Answers ]

My attorney sent my former employer a settlement letter by mail asking him if he wanted to settle before a Virginia code 65.2-308 lawsuit is filed. She sent it to him and then sent me a copy. She did not let me see it before it was mailed to him. In the letter she shows a "claim resolution"...

What is the virginia electrical code number restricting a electrical box in a closet [ 3 Answers ]

Need to now the code in virginia by number On the placement of a circuit box in a clooset

Code of Virginia § 55-248.17 [ 18 Answers ]

Does this law allow me as the tenant to eject an unruly guest even if they are listed on the rental lease as an authorized occupant?

virginia code interpretation lease agreement [ 7 Answers ]

In the state of Virginia, if a party emails a description of an apartment with the monthly rental amount and length of the lease and a second party responds with a comment, "Sounds good. When is the apartment available?" does this consitute an enforceable lease?. particularly if there were...

Ucc 1-308 speeding ticket California? [ 1 Answers ]

Dose this law apply in califorina. Ucc 1-308 Ron Paul I got a speeding ticket on 08-31-10 the CHP wrote 11-31-10 as violation date Can this be refused for cause in the state of califorina

View more questions Search