Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GloveR1 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2007, 02:27 PM
    Im 6 mounths Pregnant At 16! How do I Tell My Mom?
    I am only sixteen and now six months pregnant, I haven't gone to the doctors yet because I can't tell my mother that I am. My mother has always been very strict with me and I am afraid of what she might do,I have tried so many times to tell her but I get afraid every time. My Mother has not noticed that I am pregnant yet but judging by how fast I"m "growing" I know that she will find out soon. I need some ideas to tell her, I'm afraid for my babies life. My boyfriend is still here and he really wants me to tell my mom but it seems like nobody understands how hard this is for me.
    apple_bee Posts: 25, Reputation: 3

Apr 2, 2007, 02:31 PM
    I feel for you girl I really do.. I'm 16 and sexually active and I'm always scared ill get pregentl you have a long road ahead and telling your mom should be the least of your problems. There's a few ways you could do it
    Casual- show her your stomach and just say oops.
    Informative- tell her you have something very important to tell her and sit her down and just do it, if you think you will chicken out right her a note that says that you need to talk to her and to come to her immediately
    Chicken way out- write it to her in a letter
    Hope it helps girl good luck... ill help you out if you need it k because I do feel for you a lot
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 2, 2007, 02:33 PM
    First of all, you need to get to the doctor, even if it is just a local clinic. You are putting the health of the baby in jeopardy by not getting prenatal wellness visits. You should actually be more afraid of the life of your child because you have not been to the doctor than because of your mother.

Now, with that said, you should not fear for your baby's life because you are past the point of abortion, so she cannot make you have an abortion. Also, when the baby is born she cannot force you to give it up for adoption, but I do feel that would be in the best interest of the child. Children need 2 parents to grow in a healthy environment. At this point you probably are not able to afford a child. So, please consider this as an option.

Hun, you are just going to come straight out and tell her. Sure, she will probably be angry at first, but once the baby is born things will most likely be different.
    louie1 Posts: 183, Reputation: 49

Apr 2, 2007, 03:14 PM
    Oh dear , I note that you have not mentioned the fathers presence here, is he a long standing boyfriend that mum approves of?

You need to sit mum down and explain that you have some news of which is negative yet positive at the same time.
    Start by apologizing as you feel you have not met her expectations yet you are sure that this can bring you both closer together, you have got yourself into a situation and you need her to be there for you now more than ever. You will understand if she is upset with you and for that you are sorry yet you are ready to do this but you need her support!

Mum will be shocked and upset when you tell her , that you have to be ready for but she is your mother and she will stand by you as long as you are ready to accept the consequence of your actions i.e. baby and motherhood.

When you tell mum remember that in her eyes you will always be her baby no matter how old you are and she will love you unconditionally!

Good Luck sweetheart bringing another life into the world is a wonderful experience yet I kid you not hard work from the beginning that said this will be the most rewarding thing you do in your life! Take care of yourself ask mum to join you at the doctors and keep her involved she will be your best friend in all of this as long as you are honest with her.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 2, 2007, 03:35 PM
    You know the day the water breaks is not the time for your mom to find out. There are many health issues that needs to be dealt with. Tell you mom, ( she will know soon enough anyway)

You are going to have to stop acting like a child, and start thinking about the welfare of the baby. You need to have your health checked, NOW.

You mom will get over it
    Lotz_of_Questions Posts: 179, Reputation: 17

Apr 4, 2007, 01:34 PM
    Tell your mom. Like other have said. It's not good for the Baby that you haven't gone to the Doctors. Moms will be Moms and she will be mad but she will also think about the baby you have in you and she will understand. Make sure to let us know how things go. Best of Luck :) oh and by the way is that pic you have, of your Quinceañera?
    katelandry Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2007, 01:44 PM
    Definitely tell your mom. She may be mad and a little physco at first, but believe me once she starts to understand completely that nothing she can do will get rid of it, she will start to calm down more. Sit her down one night at super and ask her when she's not too stressed out. I'm 15 and I just went through the same thing. Need more advise? Let me know..
    MrsJoseph06 Posts: 189, Reputation: 22

Apr 4, 2007, 01:59 PM
    You have got to go to the clinic! It is so important to get medical care when you are pregnant! You have made an adult discision by having sex in the first place! Now you need to act like an adult your going to be someone's mother! You have to sit down with your Mom and tell her the truth! And if the Father wants to be apart of all this he should be there too! Don't pull up your shirt and say opps! That's not a good way of handling it! I wish you luck! It is a long hard road your headed down!
    kristynn Posts: 502, Reputation: 66

Apr 4, 2007, 07:46 PM
    Together with your boyfriend, go tell your mom. She might be shocked at first but she'll have no choice but accept it and be supportive.
    All the best to you!

Apr 4, 2007, 09:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotz_of_Questions
    Tell your mom. Like other have said. It's not good for the Baby that you haven't gone to the Doctors. Moms will be Moms and she will be mad but she will also think about the baby you have in you and she will understand. Make sure to let us know how things go. Best of Luck :) oh and by the way is that pic you have, of your Quinceañera?
    Yes, That picture is from my quince well actually my sweet 16 but I had everything that a quinceanera has only one year later
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2007, 01:43 AM
    You know I have to wonder who does your washing because no mother isn't going to realise there child isn't having periods tell her sweety its not right that she shouldn't know.

Apr 5, 2007, 06:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by curlybenswife
    You know i have to wonder who does your washing because no mother isnt gonna realise there child isnt having periods tell her sweety its not right that she shouldnt know.
    Yes I do wash my own clothes, my mom is never home anymore ever since she ogt this new job over the summer she does nothing but go to work and then when she comes home all she does is sleep.
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2007, 06:12 AM
    Well she must be mighty busy to notice there are now soiled undies once a month blimey my mum would have been onto me like a shot.
    Have you thought about how you are going to tell her yet?

Apr 5, 2007, 06:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by curlybenswife
    well she must be mighty busy to notice there are now soiled undies once a month blimey my mum would have been onto me like a shot.
    Have you thought about how you are going to tell her yet??
    Well I thought about doing the letter thing but every time I write a new one I delete it because it sounds dumb so I decided that today when I go to work I'm going to call her cell phone and leave her a message on the phone :(
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2007, 06:19 AM
    Oh hunn I really do feel for you its going to be far from easy good luck to you xx
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2007, 06:43 AM
    Please be prepared for a bit of yelling on her part. Not because she does not love you, but because she is frustrated. The sooner you tell her the better for you and your unborn baby
    MrsJoseph06 Posts: 189, Reputation: 22

Apr 5, 2007, 11:20 AM
    I hope how ever you decided to tell her that you tell her soon! I wish you luck and keep us posted!
    nicckidoodle Posts: 146, Reputation: 4

Apr 5, 2007, 11:36 AM
    Telling your mother is not going to be easy, take it from me, I was 16 and living with my grandparents when I found out is was pregnant unfortunately I lost my child at 3 months, I was scared to death! But I knew I had to tell them, yes there was a lot of yelling and crying, you are 6 months along and missed very important check ups for you and your child, its time to have a sit down with you mom and remember no matter what she says when she is angry, she loves you and understands what your body is going through, eventually she will come around! But you have to be strong for your child and yourself
    Haylow_16 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2007, 02:48 PM
    Trust me I know how hard it is but you have to tell her. Only you know her best and judging by how my acted when I was sure I was she'd rather her it from you and in a little crowd or no crowd at all. When you do tell her be really sincere. Why do you fear for your baby's life? You can't get an abortion now and your mom can't make you adopt. You can't abort because you have to be earlier than 5 months and it your decision to adopt or not. Trust me the same thing happened to my mom but she got pregnant within a couple months before her 14th b-day my nana did everything thing to make my mom either abort but she was already too late (5months) and the doctors said that my nana couldn't force her to adopt. My mom moved out with my father a month or two nafter my older brother was born, After that my nana asked my mom to move back in and everything was OK. GOOD LUCK!

Apr 6, 2007, 07:08 PM
    Im preganat at 16! How do I tell my mom? (part 2)
    Ok guys I finally told her, this is the stupidest thing I've done so far. Arter I told she the first thing she did was make an appointment at the abortion clinic. She made an appointment for sat. the 14th but I don want to go, I told her that I'm already 6 months and that she can't force me but she insists that she can force me and that you can go after 6 months. Who's right? Do I have to losse my baby? What can I do to stop her? Please I need help and fast!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I tell my mom [ 18 Answers ]

OK my mom doesn't know I have sex... and she will die if I tell her I'm pregnant and I can't tell her but I can't go to the docs anyway cause she is always always in the room with me.. and my doctor will tell her.. and when she gets the bill won't it say pregnancy test I really really need help!!...

My mom and Step mom in hate! [ 6 Answers ]

My mom and step mom are not getting along. It all started with a stupid gift card! Out of all things. My card only had $3.45 on it and my brother only had $.19 on his. The cards were soposed to have $20.00 on it. My mom and step mom live one house away from each other and then they just get into...

Help for Mom [ 2 Answers ]

My family seems to be going in three different directions when it comes to religion. Both my parents are Jewish, so I was raised Jewish but was baptized into the Lutheran church about 6 months ago. My father has explained his belief as that "an intelligent life force created the universe and then...

Help with my mom [ 1 Answers ]

Ok, my dillema is this- I suspect my step father is cheating on my mother. They have been married for five years now. They just recently had a child, my little brother who is 9 months. My mother and him fight a lot, especially lately. For the last month he has gotten calls on his cell phone and...

Mom in need of help [ 1 Answers ]

My mother is to receive child support for her daughter. She was a high school senior and dropped out due to loss of family member. She has enrolled in corispondece classes via mail from a reputable university. My father feels he has no obligation to further pay child support, because my sister is...

View more questions Search