Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    irisg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2014, 02:31 PM
    Can I keep a copy of my drivers' license in the car so I don't have to carry my purse
    Can I keep a copy of my drivers' license in the car so I don't have to take my wallet when I go to the gym?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 22, 2014, 02:33 PM
    Sure if you want to.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 22, 2014, 02:53 PM
    And if your car is broken into or stolen, you will be at a large risk for identity theft.

There are many wallets for exercisers to store an ID and other needs. Here is some examples:

Amazon.com : RunWallet, Grantwood Technology's Workout Wallet, MILITARY GREEN : Ankle Wallet : Electronics
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 22, 2014, 06:26 PM
    You can, it is not a valid ID and you will still get a ticket for not having your license with you. At least in Georgia, Can not speak for all the states. A copy of your license is not enough and if the police officer stopping you, is a "hard " he can write a ticket. When as a police officer, you did not have license with you, we run your name and birthdate and it shows us, you have a license, but you still get a ticket for not having license with you.

You can put your real license in the glove box, while you are in the gym. Or put your wallet in the trunk.

But a copy may be OK for a few police officers, but if it will not satisfy most.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 22, 2014, 06:43 PM
    I wasn't thinking of a COPY being used as valid ID.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2014, 07:07 PM
    If you leave copies of your SSN and bank account numbers too you can make it a little easier for the people that steal your car to get everything else you have.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Copy of drivers license [ 5 Answers ]

Is it lawful for a Home Owners Association, Rental Agency to request a copy of your Drivers License, Social Security Card. Who can legally request a COPY of your Drivers License, Social Security Card? What kind of documentation can you request, to make sure the information is safe from identity...

Need to Provide Copy of Drivers license [ 11 Answers ]

I was told that where I work I will now be required to provide a photo copy of my drivers license every month! Does this seem just a little bit ridiculous? First I thought it was just myself but it seems all employees need to. All which I am not sure about because I guess a few might be excluded...

My son was in an accident driving someone else's car without a drivers license. Can m [ 4 Answers ]

My 17 year old son was driver a friends car and was in a car accident. My son does not have a drivers license. I am collecting social security disability payments. Can this money be garnished in a lawsuit?

Teenage with no drivers license had car accident [ 4 Answers ]

My 16 year old daughter with no drivers license drove her 17 year old boyfriends car - he was drunk - she had a fender bender when they slipped on some ice. No police report was filed since it happened at the house where they were having the underage drinking party.(the parents of the party...

View more questions Search