Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eden_fraser22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2014, 12:02 PM
    If you strip black from your hair what color will your hair turn out?
    I have naturally light brown hair. I dyed my hair different shades of brown a few times but recently dyed my hair black and I hate it. That was two weeks ago and dye is still coming out of my hair when I shower also. So I'm considering getting it stripped professionally at a salon but I was wondering what color my hair will turn out. I've heard it turning out orange and I would hate that even more. Someone please help. Thanks :)
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 22, 2014, 01:50 PM
    You got it right. Having your hair stripped (professionally) won't give you back your own natural colour, that is too much to hope for and won't be the fault of the stripper. Yes, you will see an unusual colour, and after this you will have to pick a colour that is closest to your natural colour. That is the way it is done. Of course, much damage is being done to your hair follicles and hair after all of this. I always recommend getting it cut short (short is in style; the shorter the better and very attractive and manageable).

This is the price you pay for dyeing your hair; we have all been through it. Some of us not as extreme as others. I wear mine short because of my occupation and preference.

Now you have to make a resolution, after you get your own colour back, not to do that again. Black is the worse hair colour to correct ! Good luck and just remember to give your hair a hot oil treatment once in a while. My favourite is olive oil, about an ounce, heated up in the microwave to just warm; work into hair and scalp; cover with a hot towel from being soaked in hot water, leave on for l0 minutes and a good shampoo after will remove the lighter then air olive oil from your hair.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you get black hair dye out of your hair and turn it back to its natural color? [ 5 Answers ]

How do you get black hair dye out of your hair and turn it back to its natural color

Can you turn black hair this color by bleaching it? [ 0 Answers ]

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=reddish brown&hl=en&sa=X&rlz=1C1GGGE_enUS424US427&biw=1024&bih=509&tbm=isch&prmd=imvns&tbnid=z7sNJJ0fbn4w_M:&imgrefurl=http://www.zuckermanpharmacy.com/product.cfm/hu (perhaps if I don't leave it in very long, can it change in to something close like this?)

How can I turn my naturally black hair to a chocolate brown color? [ 0 Answers ]

I had my hair colored w/ dark brown before, but it turned out to look lighter, specially when I'm out in the sun. I just want a rich chocolate brown color like Katie Holmes. And can you suggest a brand since I'm doing it at home. Thank you!

Well to start my natural hair color is dark brown.. but I dyed my hair black 6 mon [ 1 Answers ]

Well to start my natural hair color is dark brown.. but I dyed my hair black 6 months ago.. before that I had always dyed my hair light colors and had highlighted it couple times... I went to the salon yesterday and highlighted my hair.. hoping to change my hair color from really dark back to...

Will my hair turn from black to my natural color after getting it stripped? [ 1 Answers ]

I recently dyed my hair black, but it makes me look too much older, I was wondering is that if I get my hair sripped will it turn back to my natural color or what shade of brown.

View more questions Search