Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lamb77 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2014, 12:23 AM
    What if spouse has feelings for ex?
    Me and my husband been married for four years. He says he still have feelings for his ex and that he feels guilty because of the way he broke up with her, even though he did not want the relationship. How do I handle this problem? I love him but it hurts to know that he's still hurt over how wrong he did her, and isn't taking my feelings into consideration. How do I deal with this?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 22, 2014, 05:51 AM
    It depends on what style and method they use.

It may be letter writing, it may be inluding ex in counseling if they will come.

It may be to show him, how it is effecting badly his current, and how he is doing you worst by not moving on.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 22, 2014, 07:47 AM
    First you ask him if he is willing to talk to someone, either alone, or together about dealing with his old feelings and past baggage. Four years is a long time to not have resolved old feelings. I don't think he can consider your feelings when he cannot deal with his own. If he is unwilling to get help, then you get some help to deal with your troubled spouse.

I think you let him know that you need the extra help yourself, and maybe he goes with YOU. Don't be surprised if he does NOT though.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I need psychologist? [ 7 Answers ]

I am 25 years old, female, Filipina and married to a German guy and now finally moved in Germany to be with him.. Before I moved in Germany, I thought I was ready to take the risks of being alone and far from family and friends.. I thought I was ready to take everything from a different country,...

Please help me I need help with a psychologist or anyone of that sort. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. I'm a 15 year old girl and my parents recently adopted my 14 year old cousin. She comes from a bad home and we adopted her because her mother is schizophrenic. She has been living with us for 5 months now, we are debating on whether to let her stay because there has been many things happening...

Forensic Psychologist [ 2 Answers ]

What if any different analysis techniques might a psychologist use when assisting the defense versus assisting the prosecution?

How to ask about psychologist [ 2 Answers ]

I really think I need to see a psychologist about some issues I want to work through in my life including what I think might be depression. However, I'm under my dad's insurance and would need their help to find a doctor and to pay. I've always acted normal him and he doesn't suspect anything which...

How to become a psychologist? [ 4 Answers ]

Can I go to college with a GED to become a psychologist? Does anyone have any good information for me on how to approach it and go from there.

View more questions Search