Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rick408 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2007, 02:14 PM
    Tax lien sales
    Can someone give me some information about free websites for tax lien homes for sale?
    itstammy2002 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2007, 06:48 PM
    Where do I find homes to buy by paying back taxes?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 29, 2007, 07:35 PM
    You will need to contact your county tax department, Each county in the US has a sale of tax lien properties, normally once a year. Dates in each county vary.

Now when the list starts it will have 100's if not a 1000 properties on it, but most are paid long before the day of the sale. In all places I have been at, they are sold in person at the court house stairs on a certain day , a few places actually holds the court house stairs in a meeting room.
    Payment by cash or approved check is expected at the time of sale.

The people that own the property can pay the tax so it does not sale up to the morning of the sale.

In some states you will get a tax or speical deed that day, in other states you merely get a certificate you can redeem in a number of months or years. Up to three years depending on state. In those states the prior owner has the right to redeem the property anytime during that period.

Also don't expect the big fancy homes, esp if they have a mortgage on them, almost always the mortgage company will come in at the last moment and pay the tax, so they will include it in the foreclosure or force the owner to pay. So most will be dumpy or older places, where a older owner forgot to pay, or died and no heir has paid any taxes.

You will find online some FHA and VA foreclosure homes ( but you can find them with your local realitor also) and you will find online those homes taken for IRS taxes or taken by the Governemtn for drugs on the property.

At the tax sale the starting bid will be the tax and penalties due, if no one will offer that amount they don't sell. But there is no max, so if others want the same property it is hard to say how high the price will go.

Those sites you pay for info, merely have called all of the counties and list their sale dates when they are scheduled..
    So just pick up the phone and start calling the local tax offices where you want to buy the property and attend their sale dates.
    suzyq777luvya Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2007, 05:56 AM
    I have a judgement lien on a probate estate for a substantial amount of money.I have been looking forward to the final distribution of this estate. I just found out yesterday that one of the two properties of this estate will be sold at a tax lien sale within 30 days. The PR of the estate has filed a motion with the probate judge to stay the sale, but it is to my understanding that he will not be able to. Am I correct, and if so, will my judgement lien attach to the property, and now be the responsibility of the new owner? If so, how do I assert my lien and collect from them? I thank You for your response.
    ssgtcousin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2008, 05:54 PM
    Comment on Fr_Chuck's post
    This is great info ! Its more than I found out going in person and asking some people myself ! Thanks ! Have a blessed day !

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

IRS tax lien [ 5 Answers ]

I owe over $11000 in back federal tax for 1996. Can the IRS put a lien on the home we live in when the house is in my wife's name and only I owe the back tax? I am paying $5 a month on this bill but have signed no payment agreement with the IRS. Will the 10 year statute of limitation on federal tax...

Tax lien [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Maryland and have federal tax lien against me for $5,000.00 It was issued in 1996. I was unaware of it, but want to pay it. Where do I send the payment. Also, is there a statue of limitations on a federal tax lien. Thanks Leigh072055

Offer of compromise,Tax lien [ 3 Answers ]

We have a tax lien against us.We are considering doing a offer of compromise. Once we do that will the tax lien be taken off? Also my husband and his brother are named in a trust.It's not for much,Everything is supposed to be sold and split 3 ways and 1/3 of it going to a church. Will I have to...

Tax lien houses [ 2 Answers ]

How do I find info about finding tax lien houses, I'm very interested in buying us a house

Tax lien houses [ 1 Answers ]

How do I find info about finding tax lien houses, I'm very interested in buying us a house

View more questions Search