Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ciliumar14 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2014, 03:04 PM
    I'm being emotionally abused
    I'm have been emotionally abused since I was little. By my dad and mom. Everybody at school thinks I'm perfectly fine and happy. But in truth I hide what I'm feeling in fear that I will get hurt by other people. I moved from my dads place to my mom. I didn't move willing because I had to leave all my friend that helped me. But after a while I was happy because I thought that I would be abused there but I was wrong.

My mother is bipolar and changes her moods to fast. When I wss seven she tried to kill me with one pf those huge knives. Nothing changed my mother and dad they just like yelling. I got emotionally abused by my dad because I look like my mother. And I'm getting emotionally abused my.my mother because she's bipolar . I just want to know if there's a way I can leave without them knowing and if we don't have to go to court for it. Since I moved in with her I felt lile killing myself every time I see an razor. I just want to kill myself I feel worthless. I sometimes wished I wasn't born. My own brother told me that I should just die and that nobody wanted me and that he wished I was six feet under. He also said that he wants to beat me up.

I just want to leave I tried contacting the CPS but they didn't do anything. Please please help me. I need a way out. I can't be here anymore. I'm not going to commit suicide because I'm not wasting my life on them. I just want a way that I can leave and never see them again.

Please please help. I'll take any suggestion that will help me.
    busymomma2013 Posts: 282, Reputation: 20

Feb 20, 2014, 03:40 PM
    I am very sorry to hear that this is happening to you.

Is there a school consoler or teacher that you could talk to about your problems at home?

When your mom tried to "kill" you with "one of those big knives", did the local authorities get involved?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 20, 2014, 03:57 PM
    I too am sorry you are going through this with the two people who should be in your corner and protecting you. Is your mom taking meds for her bipolar illness? If not, what is she doing to improve her life (since this impacts more than just you)?

Feb 20, 2014, 04:36 PM
    No the police weren't called or anything

She doesn't take any meds and she don't try to better herself. And I'm the only one she treats like that because my brother is old enough to. Take care of himself and all.
    busymomma2013 Posts: 282, Reputation: 20

Feb 20, 2014, 04:53 PM
    Does your older brother live on his own? Perhaps, if he does, you could go stay with him for a while.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 20, 2014, 04:54 PM
    How do you know she is bipolar? Bipolar sufferers don't usually go after someone with a knife. That would be a different mental illness. Or maybe she was just frustrated?

Is there a relative you could live with for a while?

Feb 20, 2014, 05:07 PM
    She is and she probably was frustrated but she still had no right to try to kill me. and there is nobody i can stay with.

He only seventeen and he he one who said he wished I was six feet under and that nobody wants me and that he wished I was dead.
    MommaJoe2 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2014, 08:43 PM
    Sweetie, go to school. Talk to a counselor at school. Tell a teacher. Tell them you are afraid. Do you have a close grandparent, aunt, uncle, etc. who will help you? Bottom line: You need help and cannot go through all of this alone. Help is available. Reach out to others.
    leila89 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2014, 08:28 PM
    How old are you hun? Maybe get part time job if you can and start saving so you can start to become independent and perhaps move out. I did at 17, not easy but so worth it, what I learnt is that you have to look after yourself and help yourself. And please don't ever hurt yourself in any way because this is just a moment in your life even though it looks like a never ending nightmare. All the best <3
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 23, 2014, 08:36 PM
    When was your mother diagnosed with bi-polar disorder, or is she self diagnosing?

How old are you?

Where is your other family, grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, anyone?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I Emotionally Abused? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm a 17-year-old Asian girl, and want to ask if I am being emotionally abused. My mother has always screamed at me and made me feel like crap since I was six. She has never beat me systematically. There have only been five instances where she has lashed out at me, slapping my face when she was...

Am I being emotionally abused? [ 0 Answers ]

I have a lady in my life, who was, for the most part, understanding. Recently, however, she has gotten to the point where, when she wants something, she will constantly talk about it, and unless she gets the answer that she wants, or what she wants, she will call me "mean" and callous. (Not the...

Am I being abused or even emotionally abused? [ 11 Answers ]

My parents split up when I was born I now have a step mom and step father at my moms house thing don't go well we live in an apartment and are very poor my step dad is the main reason of our issues we get in "fights" but he yells at me for the smallest things sometimes his short temper has gotten...

Am I being emotionally abused by my parents? [ 4 Answers ]

Not sure if I am or not. I am 13 years old, and it seems like my mom is always yelling at me. I'm not perfect, I get A's, B's, and C's, and she seems somewhat OK with that. When she helps me with my homework, she gets really mad if I don't know an answer. Then she gets frustrated and leaves the...

Emotionally abused [ 8 Answers ]

Threads merged Hi everyone, I am a 24 year old girl, who recently broke it off with my "boyfriend". The thing is, it is all very complicated, but here it goes. Last September I started my postgraduate degree, and met someone. He was in my class, and we ended up in the same working group for...

View more questions Search