Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pacmale Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2014, 10:05 AM
    What is wrong with my big toe?
    Hello. I'm a 23 year old girl. I'm in relatively okay shape and don't eat too bad. I don't drink or smoke or do any sort of drugs. I'm not on any medications nor do I take anything over the counter.

Now, I was taking off my toe nail polish the other day and I noticed that my big toe nail was discolored and has a red line through it(refer to the photos at bottom). The coloring is kind of yellowish-green like a healing bruise, maybe. I don't know how long it's been there other then the three days that I've known about it now, since I was wearing nail polish. I have checked all my other toes and they seem fine. No discoloration or anything weird or out of the ordinary.

I had also been noticing that my big toe has been hurting. It feels like I have a cramp or charlie horse going through the tip of my toe down the tendon. I have no recollection of hitting my toe on anything, or dropping anything at all on it. I'm pretty good at remember injuries of any kind since I'm a bit of a hypochondriac.

This is really freaking me out because like a moron, I googled it and came across something like toe cancer.

Could this just possibly be a fungus(I've never had one before) or does it just look like an injury or something? I don't have any insurance and I'm not employed so going to a doctor is sort of only out of necessity.

Please help! I'm really worried ):

Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting
    Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

ALSO! I'm so sorry if I put this in the wrong category. I wasn't sure where to put it
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Feb 20, 2014, 10:33 AM
    If I were to guess I would say that it is probably a fungus or infection. You can try to self medicate and see if it goes away. I know there are several over the counter options in that regard and if it doesn't go away you could go see a doctor then. But I would recommend a diagnose before self-medicating. I don't think that it is cancer or anything like that.

This is one of the problems with diagnosing online, you might have the best case, but you will assume you have worst case. You could look to see what type of burn you got when you put your hand on the stove and come away thinking you have cancer. You must be very careful and cautious with what you learn and read online. This site included. It could send you down the rabbit trail. This is why we don't diagnose here and often recommend that you see a doctor. They're better equipped to diagnose and treat than we can ever be. There are ways to get in and get it all looked at, even if you're extremely low income.

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Left big toe [ 1 Answers ]

My name is Ed, 52 male. About 4 hours ago dropped a dresser, back edge on toe behind nale. It is swelling and getting colorful. I can bend up and down no pain but bumped it and it hurts. Is it broken? Thank you for your help!

My athletes foot is so bad big on my big toe. I can hardly bend it. [ 1 Answers ]

It is so bad that it causes extreme pain when I bend it and when it's just stationary too. I can't step into it. I have to walk on my heel at all times. What should I do? No over the counter meds are working.

Numbness in big toe [ 1 Answers ]

Walked through the cold with no shoes on for about half an hour 2 days ago. Now my big toe is still numb. Should I be worried?

Why does my big toe hurt? [ 3 Answers ]

My big toe hurts! Sometimes my big toe throbs, and really hurts. I broke it like 15 years ago, but I haven't hurt it since. When it hurts, sometimes it makes my whole leg hurt... anyone know why?

View more questions Search