Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    raccords Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2014, 09:04 AM
    3 year relationship. Long Distance
    Hello,
    Me and my ex was together for 3 years long distance (NY and TX) and of course we had bumps in our relationship but I think it was more than occasional bumps. Lately, a few weeks ago, I felt like we were growing apart/distancing from each other and I didn't know what to do to know if she felt the same about me. We broke up around end of January and got back together a few days later. It still felt as if we were distancing so then I made the biggest stupidest mistake and told her I found someone else. All I wanted from her was her attention, but I got her attention in a different way then I thought the outcome would be. She was devastated and stopped talking to me for a few days, but then came back and told me "ask me back out when your feelings come back" and I told her "ok i will". The next week I felt we were better, we texted more, we talked more and she actually got upset when I forgot to call her sometimes. I liked it, but recently I found out that she's been going out for lunch with a coworker a 3 weeks ago, lunch again and pool 2 weeks ago, and movies and dave and busters 1 week ago.
    Saturday, she told me that she didn't want to talk to me anymore and that she wasn't happy with me and ended our relationship.

I still love her and want to try to get her back but I don't know how to/if she'll come back to me.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Feb 20, 2014, 09:07 AM
    She's tired of the LDR going nowhere after 3 years of ups and downs. She found someone that is near her that she can actually do things with other than just talk. You guys broke up, then you told her you found someone, so she moved forward with her life. Maybe you should too. Look for someone that you can actually spend time with.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 20, 2014, 09:22 AM
    I agree... no matter how much you want to call it a relationship... it really isn't if you never see each other face to face. As Odinn7 sugests... wisely. Find someone local to you. That you can actally sit across a table from.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 20, 2014, 09:46 AM
    Go and have fun with real people and do your own thing. Text buddies are fine except for the fun part. How old are you both and how did you meet? Ever been on a fun date together? 3 years is a long time to be stagnant with just devices between you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can a long-distance relationship last? [ 14 Answers ]

I met this wonderful guy online... yeah I know! He lives in NY I am in DE My problem is he works a lot and we don't talk enough for me. When we do get a chance to talk it is like meeting for the first time I hate that!

Girlfriend of 1 year (Long Distance Relationship) Bails on Visit [ 8 Answers ]

I will try to sum this up as short and quickly as possible. My girlfriend and I have been going out for 1 year. We are in a long distance relationship. I live in Boston and she lives in San Francisco. We are both 17. She went to my school last year and we dated for 3 months before she moved. There...

Long distance relationship. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello people . I am going to share with you a long distance relationship story , I have not been able to understand what happened. So I hope you guys understand. I met this girl on fbook , a very lively girl ,she was from argentina and I am from pakistan , we became very good friends , I don't...

View more questions Search