Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Char68 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2014, 02:47 PM
    Ongoing cold
    I have had a cold since Jan 13th. I went to the doctor on Jan 31st because I started getting the chills, runny nose, coughing, lots of mucous. They gave me some cough medicine with codeine which didn't do much good. I have taken 7 boxes of Mucinex and alternating it with Alka Seltzer plus and Nyquil at night. I still have the mucous and cough. My ears feel plugged along with a mild sore throat and mild earache. The doctor told me I had influenza and that it has to run it's course. Is is normal for it to last this long, and I even had my flu shot in November? Should I go back to the doctor?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 19, 2014, 02:56 PM
    Yes, it has to run its course and depending on how good your immune system is, you have to wait. Don't forget to drink plenty of water. Getting the flu vaccine does not necessarily guarantee you will avoid the flu.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ongoing vaginal spotting? [ 1 Answers ]

I have just posted this question but did not know if it worked so I am posting another one as I now joined as a member. I am 44 years old. I am on no medication whatsoever and do not and never taken the pill. This year, I've noticed that my period has been rather irregular with even a missed...

Ongoing cough [ 3 Answers ]

My husband has had a cough for about a month, maybe more. He coughs when he breathes in deeply. Tonight he said his chest feels tight. He has produced a little phelgm, but Mucinex D did not help. As far as I know, he hasn't been exposed to anyone with bronchitis, only a common cold that we know of....

Ongoing (several months) mostly GI condition [ 1 Answers ]

Hello Got a bit of a long question for you guys. I'm 30 portuguese smoker male with Hx of colon carcinoma in my family (grandma). Several months ago I started exhibiting certain symptoms. I feel nauseous all the time, I've lost tons of weight, I feel pressure in my stomach causing me to...

Neighbor's ongoing harassment. [ 11 Answers ]

We live across from the neighbors from H@ll and unfortunately, share our driveway with them. We also share the driveway with a neighbor to the right. These three homes are built close very together. You drive up off the main street to get into the shared driveway and then get into the individual...

View more questions Search