Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CJ4105 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2007, 01:15 PM
    Blood Types
    Can a man and woman with the same blood type have children? And if they can is there a risk of any birth defects?
    birdie2 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2007, 11:35 AM
    Yes they can and there is no proven risk for any birth defects...

Try googling blood groups - once you understand them, there's little to worry about except of course in cases of transfusions!
    As far as I know, same blood group parents don't pose any genetic danger to possible children!
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Aug 2, 2007, 08:46 AM
    Exactly right! Blood type doesn't bear any effect on genetics... only that a child inherits their blood type from one of their parents.
    jrb252000 Posts: 410, Reputation: 28
    -

Aug 8, 2007, 08:25 PM
    The only problem would be if you are Rh negative and your baby is Rh positive. You said same blood type but I didn't know if that included the RH factor as well. There is a vaccine that will be given to you and everything will be fine.
    Xrayman Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 193
    Ultra Member

Sep 18, 2007, 05:09 PM
    YES they can and NO there is no chance of birth defects due to blood TYPE.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is my period too long? Is it real blood or period blood? [ 8 Answers ]

I'm really worried. My period came a month early, I only have it once in two months. I have huge cramps and tylenol doesn't work but it usually does. The color and smell are different. The color is much lighter and clear and the smell doesn't have the usual scent, it smells more like the...

Blood types [ 1 Answers ]

Can a parent with a-blood and a parent with o+ blood have a child with a+ blood?

Blood types and pregnancy [ 4 Answers ]

I wanted to know about blood types regarding pregnancy. I'm A- and am going to order sperm from a sperm bank. What blo od types from the donors are OK for me to choose from?

Blood types? [ 3 Answers ]

My girlfriend really wants to have a baby. Well, not at the moment, but she wants to be ABLE to have a baby. She read somewhere that people with Type O blood can NOT reproduce unless their partner has a negative blood type. Now, I'm having a hard time understanding this because apperently O blood...

The blood shed & the blood sprinkled! [ 4 Answers ]

THE BLOOD SHED & THE BLOOD SPRINKLED In the Old Testament and the New Testament sacrificial "Blood" is spoken of in two ways;i.e. "The Blood shed and the Blood sprinkled." IN THE OLD TESTAMENT WHAT WAS THE APPLICATION OF "SHED BLOOD" RE "ATONEMENT" (the 'moment the Blood became...

View more questions Search