Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dstowe33 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2014, 03:17 AM
    Dog in pain and crying.
    My very active, happy, and healthy 3 year old pit bull is crying out in pain when touched or moved near buttocks/back hip/leg area. He can't jump on bed, get in my truck or up my steps without my help. When I do assist his back end he whimpers in pain. This started about 24 hours ago. The only thing I can figure is maybe he injured himself. Would him eating a dead rabbit cause any of the mentioned symptoms?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 19, 2014, 04:11 AM
    Not enough details about your dog, but here's some ideas

Hit by car
    Tumor
    Hip dysplasia, a congenital condition

Sure, he could have contracted distemper or eaten a bone which is piercing his bowel. You don't say when he ate the rabbit. It sounds most like a broken bone from being hit by a car though.
    In any case, WHY haven't you taken him to the vet yet? He's in PAIN.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 19, 2014, 08:28 AM
    I agree, why haven't you taken the poor thing to the vet yet?
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Feb 19, 2014, 08:57 AM
    The dog needs to see a vet. You're not going to solve this through the internet.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 19, 2014, 09:01 AM
    (Original post lacked details, more were provided (shown now as original Q), and I wrote a second response, but they were dropped when the threads were merged by a moderator. Hopefully will be returned.)

I suggested distemper, broken hip, and bone from rabbit piercing bowel, and ASAP need to take to vet.
    dstowe33 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2014, 11:51 AM
    My dog unable to jump on bed, into truck or go up steps without pain
    He's eating and drinking fine. No vomiting . His stool is normal in color and consistency. Urinating fine.
    busymomma2013 Posts: 282, Reputation: 20

Feb 19, 2014, 11:56 AM
    Please take your dog to the veterinarian. If he is in pain and it is debilitating him, he needs to see a doctor.

There could be many reason why he is pain. Distemper, injury, bone stuck in intestines, hip dysplasia.

Most are serious.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Feb 19, 2014, 12:58 PM
    He is in pain and this is affecting him. Asking twice won't get you a different answer...he needs to see the vet instead of letting him suffer.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Feb 19, 2014, 01:11 PM
    d, something to keep in mind is that most dogs do not show pain until they are hurting so much they can't hide it. It is a hold-over instinct from being wild animals. Showing pain means showing weakness. Weakness means an inability to hold their place in the pack or to keep up. They become a liability to the pack.

Your dog is showing pain and a huge reduction in his ability to move. This means he needs to be checked out by your vet. At this moment he isn't the 'healthy' animal you are used to being your companion. He is your charge who needs for you to take care of him.

Hopefully it is a minor injury but there is a chance it isn't and minor injuries can turn into major issues if they aren't handled correctly. Please get him checked out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My dog is crying in pain? [ 2 Answers ]

My chihuahua mix 7 yr old dog Titus is crying out in pain. He is keeping his tail tucked between his legs and has a hard time sitting. He keeps turning to check his rear end. I know he hasn't moved his bowels in the last 24 hrs. He had no food for approx 18 hr but plenty of water. He will let...

Crying Dog [ 13 Answers ]

I have a 1 year old husky that has been doing great with her training up until now I had no real concerns. I have a 5 foot high privacy fence in a large yard. Up until recently she was free to roam the yard for hours. She loves it outside, The problem is 2 weeks ago she started climbing the fence,...

My dog keeps crying [ 2 Answers ]

My dog cries for no reason and recently he is really pulling when he is on the lead and his nose is stuck to the ground sniffing everything out. He is a border terrier cross patterdale and he is one year old. Does anyone no how I can stop this, please help

Dog crying? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 2 year old Golden retriever/German shepard cross, and she's female. The past few days she's been crying, then she goes to lay on her bed, she just randomly cries. She's eating and wants to play etc, but we have no idea why that could be? She hasn't been spayed, no, and there's a lot of...

View more questions Search