Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    khan3940 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2014, 03:41 AM
    Small problems big fights
    We are in relationship since 2 years shez 17 and I'm 18
    She have problem with my smoking, roaming with friends, she thinks that my friends are cheap people, smoking is cheap, she always have problm on something I do even if I am coming late from office she has problm why late etc etc. and problm on going out after office with my friends. I make time for her but due to some reasons she can't meet me but sometimes do, but when we have argument or something she will always remember to say you did this, you did that, but she will never remind herself the best time we had. The main question is how do I make her understand that I'm not doing time pass. I'm really thinking future to our relation?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 18, 2014, 03:55 AM
    'How do I make her understand'; because you two are lacking in the communication area of your relationship and at 17 ans 18 too immature to handle it.

I don't know what country you live in, but at 18 you should not be 'coming from office' but from school.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 18, 2014, 06:42 AM
    It's an age old problem of the guy 'roaming with his friends' while the woman waits at home, often with dinner on the table. Many women are nesters and many men are footloose and fancy free (American saying). If you can't negotiate and compromise, then you should break up. Did you think love 'just happens' and 'all will work out?' Only in fairy tales. It's WORK.

PS: Asking how to make someone understand something is a sure sign of trouble ahead for your relationships with any woman. I suspect that she understands perfectly well. She doesn't agree with your reasoning (which you don't explain anyway).

We don't MAKE anyone do anything.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 18, 2014, 07:16 AM
    Because if this was a serious relationship, you would not be running out with friends all the time, just once in a while. Or you would be inviting her to go out and party with you, as a couple. ( get a life dude, if you're a couple most of the party time will be couples party) now once in a while you both go out alone, but not most.

As for smoking, your choice but it is really a silly habit, it hurts your health, costs you money and makes you look stupid when you smoke. Humm not even one good factor.

As for late, you call before you are late and let her know.

These are actually big major issues. If you do not understand, you not mature for a adult relationship yet
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 18, 2014, 10:02 AM
    Its not her that needs understanding my friend, its you. The future you present to her is not very bright when you want her to change and you do.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 18, 2014, 10:10 AM
    I agree with the others... the problem here is with your behaviour. Only another smoker enjoys the putrid ashtray stench that always surrounds a smoker.

Instead of demanding she change... how about you change... it won't be any less difficult... and at least she will be happy if you expect to have a relationship with her in the future.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Feb 18, 2014, 02:44 PM
    There is an art to communication that, with experience and maturity, gives you the understanding you need to argue constructively.

When bringing up the past, for example, is thrown in your face, during an argument, that is not constructive, or helpful in solving the issue. It is an immature reaction brought about by emotion that is not under control.

It works both ways. To make a long story short, unless the two of you can find a way to communicate, and get off this 'he said, she said' merry-go-round, you will continue to spin your wheels, and eventually give up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My bfriend and I have had 2 big fights both times we were both injured. [ 2 Answers ]

My bfriend and I have had 2 big fights and 2 big splits because of it. Both times he went back to his parents. They Hate me, they picture me as some monster. He is now working away with the raf in the falklands and says he doesn't know what he wants as his parents are ill over what happened. What's...

Amazing door - big steps.small problems? [ 2 Answers ]

Long story short- These 2 girls- best friends for life... I met both of them over 2 years ago. (names "sue" "jackie") They are amazing great-close -best friends and roommates. Right after I met them. I broke up with a girlfriend of 3+ years. And I started to get to know both of these...

Me and my girlfriend have big problems over small things [ 19 Answers ]

now me and my girlfriend been having some problems in the last few weeks that have been really bothering me and some of the things i just dont understand why she does it. for example she will make plans for me and her to do some thing on the weekend then at the last minute she will cancel on me to...

Small things can make big problems [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Swearing can affect children so they swear at school and they get the blame when the person they learn't it off so one tiny word like cauld affect nearnly the hole country Cause one person say's it some one else here's then it sometimes will never stop spead WHO INVENTED SWEARING:mad:...

In a big, BIG hole. Have small shovel. [ 1 Answers ]

I was just served papers for a debt that I owe on a vehicle that was repo'ed. The vehicle, which was a 2005 Lotus Elise was purchased by myself and a company (the company did not have sufficient credit to purchase the car and I did not have the income to purchase the car, but together we were...

View more questions Search