Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    patty1969 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2014, 06:24 PM
    Should I complain to my lawyer about a Virginia code 65.2-308 settlement claim resolu
    My attorney sent my former employer a settlement letter by mail asking him if he wanted to settle before a Virginia code 65.2-308 lawsuit is filed. She sent it to him and then sent me a copy. She did not let me see it before it was mailed to him. In the letter she shows a "claim resolution" where she asks for my lost wages and her attorney fees to be paid by my former employer. I have no problem with these parts. But the last "claim resolution" states: "re-characterization of her termination as a mutual separation." This is the part I do not like because I have filed a EEOC charge of retaliation back in July of 2013. I am waiting for the EEOC to respond. I will use a different lawyer for the EEOC charge because this lawyer does not handle EEOC matters. Will the "mutual separation termination" in this matter hurt me if the EEOC sends me a letter saying I have a case and can sue my former employer in federal court for the EEOC retaliation? Can my former employer claim I signed a settlement agreement where I agreed to a "mutual separation termination" Can this destroy my EEOC charge?

Check out some similar questions!

My lawyer withheld information till after the settlement? What to do [ 1 Answers ]

My lawyer told me to ask for less in my settlement offer, I did, but I asked him three times before the settlement how much does his insurance cover, and he refused to tell me till after the settlement. Which I have not signed the offer. Its just verbal right now. Can I change my mind? How do I...

Virginia Unemployment Ins. Claim, Appeal [ 1 Answers ]

My son has been unemployed since June of 2008. He applied for UI and was approved. However, the employer appealed and his appeal was held as valid. We appealed that an were apparently turned down and now we are told that we have to appeal to the Virginia Circuit Court for their opinion. ...

How to file a claim with out a lawyer [ 5 Answers ]

We bought a home in 2004. We were told it would take 6-8 months to build, but in the contract it says within reasonable time which was 24 months. So we figured OK about 8 -12 months 15 months tops. Well we checked every weekend for 12months and not even 1 brick was laid. At the time homes were...

Auto Accident Claim Settlement [ 3 Answers ]

I was rearended a few months ago. I did not think we needed to call the police because it seemed pretty cut and dry. I was sitting at a light and an 18 year old girl didn't realize she was coming to a red light hit me. We exchanged information. I called both insurance companies immediately. The...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.