Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lexefx Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2014, 12:43 PM
    White rogers control swap 50e47-060 to 50e47-843 Fan works manual, not auto.
    Furance is a Trane XE70. Original boad went intermitent shut-down. Swapped to 843. Green light running. When it's on auto furnace kicks on, fan does not.In about 90-120 seconds I then think it thermals and shuts off. Works perfect with the fan on manual on mode. Is there a fan turn on wire I am missing? Any help appreciated.
    Grady White Posts: 1,417, Reputation: 59
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2014, 08:17 PM
    The 50E47-843 is the replacement suggested by White-Rodgers. You have possibly disonnected a fan control wire, you may have a bad fan control, or the heating speed on the motor could be bad. If you can provide a wiring diagram of the furnace we can probably help you track down the problem.
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2014, 06:06 AM
    Did a short jumper wire come with the new board?
    I replaced a board on a Trane furnace (unfortunately, different board number) and needed to jumper between RO1 and RO2 on the 12-pin connector.

Consult the installation instructions to see if this might apply to your board.

Good luck,
    WallyH
    Grady White Posts: 1,417, Reputation: 59
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2014, 03:29 PM
    No 12 pin connector on this module.

Apr 14, 2014, 01:45 PM
    I decided to mess with this again. Auto fan works with AC, but not with the furnace. Isn't a thermostat in charge during AC only? What controls the fan turn on in auto furnace mode.

Apr 14, 2014, 01:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Grady White View Post
    The 50E47-843 is the replacement suggested by White-Rodgers. You have possibly disonnected a fan control wire, you may have a bad fan control, or the heating speed on the motor could be bad. If you can provide a wiring diagram of the furnace we can probably help you track down the problem.
    How would I get you this diagram? The rogers-white tech guy said there is no turn on wire for this module. I didn't end up with any loose wires, all were transferred over per their diagram/conversion chart.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

White rodgers control module 50e47-843 only works part time [ 0 Answers ]

York furnace with old white Rodgers controller 50E47-070 only sending power to gas valve every so often if power is shut off and turned back on sometimes will fire up Replaced controller with WR 50E47-843 doing the same thing unit don't always send power to gas valve. Any idea what may cause this...

Swap white rogers to hunter [ 2 Answers ]

Swap white rogers 1f58-72 thermostst to hunter 44110 have wires on terminals g,y,b,l,x1,r,w2 on old thermostat have terminals on new thermostat g,y ,w, rc and rh jumpered any help please bill m

Furnace works well but fan only w/manual on/not auto [ 2 Answers ]

I have furnace/AC made by Comfortmaker, model RPJ II with a White Rogers Digital Comfort Set II thermostat. Furnace comes on, but not fan when on auto. When I turn fan on manually using thermostat all is well. Is this a thermostat problem or fan control on furnace and can I fix?

Test voltage of white rodgers flame sensor & 50e47-174 modual [ 2 Answers ]

I have modual shut down of a w-r 50e47-174 modual I cleaned the flame sensor & it works about 2 days to a week before failing. After turning the power off & back on the unit works fine for a short time. How do you test the flame sensor & what volt output Thanks Theo

View more questions Search