Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    upintheskyguy420man Posts: 104, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2014, 12:04 PM
    To change from PCM to AC3 through windows 7?
    At some point recently I got a Phillips home receiver and when I was in windows settings of some form I clearly remember finding a box somewhere allowing me to change from PCM audio to AC3 and back. Each time I switched my receiver automagically picked up on it, and a clear difference was heard.

I'm having trouble googling without finding results of AC3 Filter program. Could anybody please help me navigate to this dialogue box?

-The Zohan
    Dell Inspiron 531s
    4 Gb DDR2 ram
    2.1 Ghz x2 Athlon (64) Dual Core
    Seagate 500 Gb HDD
    HD Radeon 6570

And Now-Phillips FR-965 5.1 Receiver
    Appzalien Posts: 540, Reputation: 57

Feb 17, 2014, 01:05 PM
    The settings are probably in the Control Panel under Sounds (I have Vista). Each of the listed sound options (outputs for playback) are configurable depending on what hookup your device uses. If its digital spdif or digital usb for instance. Never the less you can look in the properties of any of them to see if your missing settings are there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Hi! Could you tell me how to change the icons font in Windows 7? [ 2 Answers ]

Dear Sir/Madam, I hope that you could help me solve an issue regarding the personalization of my PC. After changing the wallpaper, I noticed that the captions under the icons became hardly discernible because their color matched the wallpaper (both were dark). I would not like to change the...

Can I change windows 7 home premium 64 bit to windows xp interface [ 1 Answers ]

Can I change windows 7 home premium 64 bit to windows xp interface

In my laptop how I change its windows [ 2 Answers ]

I don't know how I change its windows please help me

How do I check a pcm to see if it works? [ 5 Answers ]

I have a s10 that doesn't have any power at the diagnostic conector in the cab. I don't know where to start to check the pcm if it works or not. My check engine light stays on and the pickup fluds itself. It has Tbi. I chicked the wires from the pcm to the diagnostic conector and nothing is frayed...

Can't change the color resolution for Windows XP [ 2 Answers ]

I had to erase windows ex and then reinstall it because I had a major virus problem. I didn't have the reinstall disk so I borrowed one and have not been able to get my computer to work right. Here is my problem. Windows xp loads right but the color resolution won't change to the setting I need. It...

View more questions Search