Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ToniA1990 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2014, 10:32 PM
    Should I drop this college course?
    I'm taking five college courses this semester, so far I am doing great in my other classes, but I'm considering dropping one class. I got 9 out of 10 questions correct in one of classes, and 45 out of 50 question correct in another class. I'm considering dropping my university reading & composition course, I received an A last semester in my academic writing and reading class. I always question my intelligence because I'm dyslexic, I took some general education and special educations classes in high school. My peers used to tease me because of that and I started to use my dyslexia as an excuse. I get A's, B's, and occasionally C's, I never dropped any classes before.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Feb 15, 2014, 11:08 PM
    Why do you want to drop the class? Have you notified the university of your dyslexia?
    ToniA1990 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2014, 11:17 PM
    We have these in class writing based on reading or research assignments. We aren't allowed to use notes during the writings, only our memory. I haven't been doing great on the in class writing based on the grades I'm receiving for every writing.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 16, 2014, 02:38 AM
    Are you taking too many classes ? What are your grades ? You did not show any bad grades, 45 out of 50 or 9 out of 10 are great grades.

Of course my students have about 9 classes a semester, and of course you can not use notes during writing assignments, that is fairly standard.

If you are passing with at least C. I would finsih it
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 16, 2014, 08:23 AM
    College level courses may take some tutoring for extra more personal instruction. Going the extra mile may not be as easy as just dropping a course you are not as good in as others, but you may learn something useful, which is the whole point of college. I would talk to a guidance counselor to find if added resources and options are available, before you make such a decision to drop a course.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

leaking patio cover 18x16, 2" drop. Do I need to drop 2" more to fix? [ 2 Answers ]

New patio cover with corrugated galvanize. Leaking pretty good. Its overlapped one hump and the top sheet going down is overlapped over the bottom sheet. There is a 2" drop on the down slope. do I need to drop another 2" to solve?

Tub drain need to drop 26", btr to drop at 45 or 90? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello All, I'm installing a shower and have been scratching my head on this for a while. I need to run the drain along the wall above to so I can vent it (for a foot or two), then hang a right and head toward the stack about 5' away. Due to the small crawl space and T on the stack, I need...

Which is better srcc economics , deemed college in engg, or to drop one year [ 0 Answers ]

I am actually highly deprresed even taking pyco medicine .I have 96 percente in class x but due to TB infection and further frustation I have just secure 95 marks in aieee 2011. So getting a low engg college. Vbut I hope to get enough marks for ba in economics in srcc. Please advise me among...

Do you think it's a bad idea to drop out of college? [ 3 Answers ]

I don't think that college is for everyone.I mean,I don't hate learning new things,but I love to learn new languages.and I wanted to drop out of college and study some new langauges in an instutation.but,my parents keep telling me that I won't be able to find good career with an instutation's...

Should I drop out of a 2 year college and go to a 4 year college instead? [ 6 Answers ]

Ok last September I attended a two year college for one semester and I took a semester off due to financial difficulties. I was suppose to start school next week and I don't think I can make it. I told my friend and family I would go back to school this sept, I don't think that's going to happen...

View more questions Search