Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    catonsville Posts: 894, Reputation: 91

Feb 14, 2014, 04:52 PM
    10 HP Snow Blower Oil Leak
    Engine does not smoke, runs great but when I speed up for tougher plowing, I see oil dripping somewhere. It is engine oil as when I check the oil it is noticebly lower. Does anyone know where I should look for a possible leak like the head or manifold? I plan to de-grease the engine, add oil and run it hard. It is a MTD blower with Tecumseh 10 hp and I can start it usually with one pull. It has just reached the point where I need new skid plates. Are these parts available locally or do I need to contact MTD?

Just checked the Model and SN also Could not believe it is a 1995 Model.
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Feb 14, 2014, 06:46 PM
    Hi,
    The first place I would look is behind the carb at the breather area. There is no substitute for a complete washing and inspection while running to track it down exactly.
    The skids ought to be available in your area, or online if not. Usually about the same prices as many dealers add a percentage to the parts prices, and the online merchants discount them to defray the shipping cost.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How far should a craftsman 5.5 hp snow blower model no. 536.886150 be throwing snow? [ 1 Answers ]

Has a new auger belt. Only throws it about 5 feet. Constantly gets clogged.

Snow Blower Oil Change [ 0 Answers ]

Got a brand new Cub Cadet 179cc 4 cycle engine snow thrower for Christmas. The guy at the store told me to change the oil after the first 8 hours of use and I just did that but I am having difficulty determining if I added enough oil. I drained a little under 16 oz of oil and added back in...

My signature brand snow blower clogges and won't throw snow why [ 2 Answers ]

It starts up first pull sounds great one push in the snow cutes clogged and it don't throw snow

Can I use a Echo PowerBlend 2-stroke engine oil with Toro Snow Blower? [ 1 Answers ]

My Toro snow blower needs a 2-cycle oil engine oil to be mixed with gasoline. As per their manual, "Use Toro 50:1 2-Cycle Oil (Fuel Stabilizer Added) or an equivalent high-grade, NMMA TCW 3-certified 2-cycle oil. To prevent engine damage, do not use automotive oil (such as SAE 30 or 10W30) or fuel...

Snow blower won't throw snow impeller works auger works new belt pushes up the chute [ 11 Answers ]

The impeller works the auger works put a new belt on the snow starts to come out the chute goes about six inches plugs no broken pin checked all I could

View more questions Search