Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    toygirl1993 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2014, 10:14 PM
    Hooking dvd/ vcr combo up to dish
    I am trying to hook my vcr up to run through my dish box, & it's not doing anythibg
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 14, 2014, 06:17 AM
    You need to connect outputs from the disk box to compatible inputs on the VCR. Then connect outputs from the VCR to compatible inputs on your TV. Without seeing the jack panels for each device its hard to be more specific.
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2014, 07:06 AM
    And make certain that the input of the VCR is set to the correct set of jacks (front or back or similar). And TV to the correct input also.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 14, 2014, 08:38 AM
    The others are right, check your connections again.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 14, 2014, 11:28 AM
    Connecting depends on how you want to use the VCR. Do you want to be able to record programs you see on dish or just play tapes already recorded

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need help hooking up new flatscreen with older DVD/VCR combo. [ 0 Answers ]

I have a new Philip's 42" flatscreen(#42PFL3704D/F7 and an older Sylvania DVD/VCR combo(#DVR90VG), with no Comcast cable box. I want to record some programs, but do not know how to hook it up right, select input channel on tv remote, or on combo. Is there a "manual for dummies", cause I am not...

Hooking up Dish Network Receiver, DVD player, VCR all together [ 2 Answers ]

I recently got divorced and my husband was the one that always hooked up the electronics, therefore I am dumb when it comes to hooking everything up. I am trying to hook up my DVD player & my VCR to my Dish Network Receiver. I am also wanting to hook it up in a way that I can record something...

Hooking up satillite,TV,surround ,dvd/vcr combo [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone I am new to this site and I have a quick question if anyone can help me I would be so grateful.I just bought a 50 inch Sanyo flat screen TV and I would like to hook up my dvd/vcr combo and my sony surround and my satillite to it so I can watch my dvd's in surround .I did mange to get...

Hooking up dvd/vcr to TV with dish TV [ 1 Answers ]

I have dish TV and I just got a combination dvd/vcr without instructions. Can anyone tell me how to hook up the dvd/vcr to receiver and TV? Would be most appreciated. Michael

View more questions Search